Valeri Nichushkin placed in NHLPA assistance program stage 3 - suspended without pay for min. 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
So in other words......you still don't understand.
So let me get this straight.

You think Nichushkin should be banned from hockey for drugs but Grant Fuhr should be in the Hockey Hall of Fame even though he admitted to being coked out while playing?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Yeah, a drug addict does not function very well, let alone be one of the best players in the play-offs. I take it he was celebrating one night and had a moment of weakness and got caught.
This is such bullshit. How are you guys this ignorant? Drug addicts aren’t just the methheads on the street. They’re also your most famous and talented entertainers too.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Exactly. And the easiest solution is not hiring people with drug problems.

1. Of course! The best way is not hiring them from the beginning.
2. It's not about work performance, it's about mitigating risk. You don't want people under the influence, or affected by drug use in other ways, like in desperate need of money to buy more, in the work place.

Exactly

Especially when it’s already nearly impossible to fire someone with substance abuse issues

They need to go into a program, take up resources and be wildly unproductive and cycle through that a few times before you can get rid of them.

Why would a company assign all those benefits for a resource that won’t even help them affect their bottom line?

It makes little sense to hire drug addicts from a businesses perspective. They aren’t your social worker or your parents or your friends, they’re your bosses

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
You should start a movement for sports that anyone past or present should have their stats removed and championships revoked.

Am i right? How dare they.
Look man, you're all over the map here. We were debating a premise, and now you're going full blown schizophrenic with your replies. At this point I have no idea what your argument is or what position you're trying to support and I'm trying responding to other commenters who are capable of a cogent discussion, so do me a favor and don't respond to me anymore, ok? Appreciate you and hope you find a $20 bill in a parking lot today.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
That's a tiny, minuscule percentage. You act like most or many addicts do that. It's not a common thing at all. Your take is... Strange and that's me putting it as nicely as possible.
you're certainly entitled to think what you like.....my take is such that if an employer feels they need to drug test and eliminate that small percentage of a bad element, they have every right and responsibility to do so for a variety of reasons

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Look man, you're all over the map here. We were debating a premise, and now you're going full blown schizophrenic with your replies. At this point I have no idea what your argument is or what position you're trying to support and I'm trying responding to other commenters who are capable of a cogent discussion, so do me a favor and don't respond to me anymore, ok? Appreciate you and hope you find a $20 bill in a parking lot today.
So are you gonna answer or not?

You think Nichushkin should be banned from making a living in the NHL but Grant Fuhr should be in the NHL even though he admitted to being coked out while playing?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
you're certainly entitled to think what you like.....my take is such that if an employer feels they need to drug test and eliminate that small percentage of a bad element, they have every right and responsibility to do so for a variety of reasons
That is a complete different discussion, but "fun" chat.

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
So are you gonna answer or not?

You think Nichushkin should be banned from making a living in the NHL but Grant Fuhr should be in the NHL even though he admitted to being coked out while playing?
Dude, I asked you to go talk to someone else, and even wished you a good day. Please don't make me put you on ignore. Responding to you will only make you respond with something else totally disconnected to whatever I say. Please stop responding to me.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Dude, I asked you to go talk to someone else, and even wished you a good day. Please don't make me put you on ignore. Responding to you will only make you respond with something else totally disconnected to whatever I say. Please stop responding to me.
So not gonna answer about Grant Fuhr huh?

It shouldnt be that hard since you have such strong feelings about Nichushkin

So you are saying is you can respond to me but you feel I shouldnt respond to you?

Quite the double standard.

Put me on ignore then. i wont miss anything anyways

Strangle

May 4, 2009
He got empathy two times within 6 months buddy.

I mean, they found a heavy druged hooker in his room in Seattle and got him away immediately. That was allready borderline and he killed his team right there.

Then he got "sleeping problems" and claimed it was because of his newborn. Ok.

This is trike No. 3 and the worst blow he could have delivered to his team and career.

At what point is it enough?

And the biggest joke: He still has his contract.

I only feel sorry for his wife, young child and family. That´s it.

When you really look at it, this would have landed any one of us in prison

So no sympathy for this guy

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
I can't think of a worse sports culture to deal with addiction than the Avalanche. Every guy seems like a whiny bitch that would tell you addiction is a choice and be pissy about how it effected them.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Any one know what the “stage 3” means exactly?

Thanks
That the AVS need a damn good reason and claim if they go for termination.

Or, we are f***ed cap-wise.

That guy not only did his team a favor in the playoffs, twice (!!), he f***ed us over regarding the cap too.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Depends. I work in a DOT regulated job, and drug/alcohol tests are common and frequent. Employee assistance only saves your job if you enroll  before you get tested. You can't test and then panic and enroll. It's zero tolerance. You test and fail, you're applying at McDonalds. Simple as.
It does depend.

I'm a steward at a tier one railroad. Heavy machinery operators. CDL's involved for some positions. If you piss hot or blow you get one chance to go to inpatient treatment. Company pays for it. When you come back you go from random drug testing to monthly drug testing for the next five years. One failure and you're done.

It depends on your union and your bargained agreement with the company.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I work in a safety sensitive position so drug tests are part of being employed.

I remember when I got hired I had to do a urine test at 1pm. I was told to not have any alcohol with lunch as a breathalyzer was part of the drug test. Naively I asked why a breathalyzer was necessary as no one in their right mind would drink before an employer mandated alcohol test. His reply: "you would be surprised"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad