Rumor: Vadim Shipachyov Available?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Looks like Vegas is letting him look for a trade partner. Would love to kick the tires on this. I don't believe he would cost a ton

You have to consider the contract that is attached.
4.5 next season as well and the way Bailey has looked - Isles will need to resign, JT, Bailey, de Haan, RFA in Nelson as well as possibly looking for a goalie.

That 4.5 cap hit is too much.

and I'd rather have Nelson

Original Rob

Aug 9, 2011
Terrible comparison. Cervenka scored at HALF the rate in the KHL when he played there. Shipachyov has dominated the KHL for YEARS as well as big production at the international level.

Yeah why would we want this guy?

While you're at it, can you upload a Grigorenko highlight reel and tell us that we should trade 2 firsts and Barzal for him?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
While you're at it, can you upload a Grigorenko highlight reel and tell us that we should trade 2 firsts and Barzal for him?

C'mon . . . one was an 18-year old with nothing but long term potential and one was a top player at age 30 in the 2nd best league in the world . . . save the snarkiness for somewhere else

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
I wonder if he can be had for Kulemin and a 2nd (Kulemin strictly for cap purposes). I still think the guy is a fantastic talent and would help the team immensely. Plus, Russians loooove Brooklyn (source: I'm Russian). Lineup:

27-91-7
66-87-29
12-13-72/16
25-53-15/16/72

Side note: Boy, that Clutterbuck contract is already looking just terrific isn't it?

Last edited:

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I wonder if he can be had for Kulemin and a 2nd (Kulemin strictly for cap purposes). I still think the guy is a fantastic talent and would help the team immensely. Plus, Russians loooove Brooklyn (source: I'm Russian). Lineup:

27-91-7
66-87-19
12-13-71/16
25-53-15/16/71

Side note: Boy, that Clutterbuck contract is already looking just terrific isn't it?
What is this? And what is that 2nd line? Ho-Sang (on left wing!) playing with Crosby and Trottier?? And who is 71?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

27-91-7
66-87-29
12-13-71/16
25-53-15/16/71

?
I have not seen him play.I am basing my lack of interest on 2 things...

1.Habs are desperate for a quality 1st/2nd line center.The Habs GM said Vegas called him about Ship, but the Habs have no interest.

2.There is a quote from an nhl scout,saying Ship is a depth player and he should have come over to the nhl 4 yrs ago.I came across the scout' s quote on the Bruins board.If I can find the quote again, I will post the link

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
What is this? And what is that 2nd line? Ho-Sang (on left wing!) playing with Crosby and Trottier?? And who is 71?
Fixed the typos!! 19 was supposed to be 29 and 71 was supposed to be 72. 87 is Shipachyov - he's worn that # most of his career.

As far as the Habs not wanting him, there may be some truth to Claude Julien's distaste of Russian players. Since last season the Habs lost Markov, Radulov, Emelin, and Sergachev one way or another. Also, Marc Bergevin may be the one GM in the league I wouldn't take over Snow, so I'd take anything he does/says with a grain of salt.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Fixed the typos!! 19 was supposed to be 29 and 71 was supposed to be 72. 87 is Shipachyov - he's worn that # most of his career.

As far as the Habs not wanting him, there may be some truth to Claude Julien's distaste of Russian players. Since last season the Habs lost Markov, Radulov, Emelin, and Sergachev one way or another. Also, Marc Bergevin may be the one GM in the league I wouldn't take over Snow, so I'd take anything he does/says with a grain of salt.

And the nhl scout who says Ship is a depth player,who came over to the nhl 4 years too late?

I thought a few of the teams that were expected to be playoff teams, but have struggled and need a center, might feel Ship was worth a gamble.
Isles are not desperate for a center and 2 yrs/$9m is a heavy investment for a team needing to extend more established nhlers.

Last edited:
Reactions: SI

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Move on.

With 13's play - Isles should move on look to add to the blue line and top 6 later this season.

Look at Arizona and possibly Vancouver as possible teams to target come trade deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00