Raptors Discussion: v92 | Off-season for the Raptors. Let's see what Masai has up his sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Previous thread: Raptors Discussion: - v91 - NBA in restart plans

I'm not reposting the whole spiel, but a friendly reminder that last thread's warning about political talk as it relates to the NBA and team/player actions on social justice is still in effect. Read the stickied post from that thread if you haven't already. Anyone found to be in violation of that ruling will be removed from this thread as well.

Denver/Clippers is the early game at 6:30 ET/3:30 PT tomorrow, so Raps/Celtics are on late.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Go with the small line up, limit Siakams shooting, and box and 1 Kemba.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Another thing about last night's game - I would have bet a ton that Gasol would not make two 3 pointers in that game. I would have thought there was a better chance that he wouldn't attempt a 3 pointer then he makes two of them. :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: yvrtojfk

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Nobody even needs a great game to win this, we just need everybody to show up. If we're firing on all cylinders we are golden. ×2.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What happened to the bench? I know rosters get shorter in the playoffs but man Boston takes it to the paint so easily. Boucher and Davis need some more minutes. Put Davis on Kemba and play him hard to wear him out. 6'4 vs 6'

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Today's the day. :)

I believe Boston was 3.5 point favourites last game, and IIRC we were favoured by 2-3 (don't remember exactly) in game 1. All that makes sense to me but I am a little surprised to see Boston favoured by 2.5 today.

Reactions: ER89

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Today's the day. :)

I believe Boston was 3.5 point favourites last game, and IIRC we were favoured by 2-3 (don't remember exactly) in game 1. All that makes sense to me but I am a little surprised to see Boston favoured by 2.5 today.
Ha. You're like a little kid on Christmas morning...’wake up, wake up!’

Awesome.

Gonna be a grudge match. Hope everyone got a good sleep, and tunes out the potential head games.

This team’s been in these high pressure situations. I’m looking forward to it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Awesome.

Gonna be a grudge match. Hope everyone got a good sleep, and tunes out the potential head games.

Also, gotta ask, shouldn't your username automatically make you a Celtics fan? lol.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Awesome.

:thumbu::thumbu:

Yeah I didn't get much sleep last night, gonna get a nap in at some point though, need to be wide awake for this one.

This series has been so amazing and this game has the potential to be epic, partly because are you said, this has become a grudge match which just adds another layer of tension. I'm trying to think of when the last time was that I was so excited for a game and then it came to me - playoffs last year, many, many times. That wasn't so hard. :laugh::laugh:

Other than that though I dunno, maybe the 93 Leafs? Excitement like this doesn't come around often for a Toronto sports fan so I'm gonna soak this one up. Please win, I want another series so bad, do not want this ride with the most noteworthy and most lovable team during my lifetime to end.

Let's Go Raptors!!

Reactions: ER89

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Also, gotta ask, shouldn't your username automatically make you a Celtics fan? lol.
Sssshhhhhhh.
My Celtics love was from a long time ago, lol, though of course I respect this years team a lot.
Looking forward to a great game, and of course a Raps win.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Sssshhhhhhh.
My Celtics love was from a long time ago, lol, though of course I respect this years team a lot.
Looking forward to a great game, and of course a Raps win.

You realize that you are allowed to change your username, right? :sarcasm:

I've been meaning to ask you for a while now because it was really weird to me how you were cheering for the Raps with that username, lol.

Reactions: aingefan

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I was also a huge Celtics fan as kid. That ended when the Raptors were born but was a fun ride. My first favourite player was John (Hondo) Havlicek and I remember sneaking downstairs to watch this game on the old grainy black and white TV while everyone else was sleeping. This is considered by many to be the greatest game in NBA history, was the first NBA playoff game to go to triple OT and the s..t that went down in this one was like a Hollywood movie script. If you think you've seen drama in this series, this has been nothing compared to what happened in this one. Anyone who likes drama and/or basketball should read this, it's beyond belief what went on here. Go to this wiki link and scroll down to game 5.

1976 NBA Finals - Wikipedia

Edit - I just watched this again, the drama at the end of the 2nd OT is just mindblowing!

Last edited:

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I wonder if the Rockets will ever consider trading Harden. Their future doesn't look that bright with barely any picks and their cap is messed up in the coming future.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Game 7, best two words in sports. Should be an amazing game, after the last game this has the potential to be one of the best games in the bubble!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I wonder if the Rockets will ever consider trading Harden. Their future doesn't look that bright with barely any picks and their cap is messed up in the coming future.
They will never win with Harden but I also don't think they would ever trade him. He seems to really like the city too.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
They will never win with Harden but I also don't think they would ever trade him. He seems to really like the city too.
He's an MVP and I don't know if he wants to be stuck with the label of no ring.

I don't think they'll trade him either. It's just with no picks and Westbrook just getting worse from here on out, they don't really have a title window at all anymore unless something crazy happens.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He's an MVP and I don't know if he wants to be stuck with the label of no ring.
He is an MVP, I have just never been able to see his style of play transfer to a championship team. He is amazing when he is on and has a lot of touches but would he be as effective and efficient when there are more world class players around him and he has a fraction of the touches? I'm not convinced.
Even In 2018 when the Rockets lost in 7 to GS and Gordon and Paul were supplying some great numbers behind Harden, I still never thought for a second they would go on and win.

If he gets a ring I believe it will be in the twilight of his career as a depth/experience piece on an already established team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad