Raptors Discussion: v76| Season of Kawhi Pt II: All Kawhi, all the time...or most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I take back everything I said about Lowry lol.

Defense was outstanding today. Entire team played well. Don’t love Anunoby barreling into defenders on the fast break though.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This was an amazing win. Defence was terrific through out, and Curry was taken completely out of the game offensively.
Lowry was great again, and OG deserves some praise. He was good yesterday and today.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I see Leonard staying past this season.
Its pretty clear he isnt here just to build his game, and attract suitors.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Man, no Kawhi, barely any JV, Siakam had maybe his worst game of the season, back half of a B2B, on the road, and we still SMOKED them! Awesome night for the boys, played outstanding D on a team that’s crazy hard to defend.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
What an awesome game to attend, Raptors defense was insane. Offense rushed too much at times, but overall an amazing game.

Even GSW fans we're saying how well the raptors shut them down

Last edited:

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Not gonna lie, sad to see JV get injured and all, but I'm kinda excited to see Monroe get some more playing time if he's out for a few games and I don't even know why.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I am starting to think maybe Kawhi is not even necessary lol. Just dumping DD was good enough. They have some of their biggest wins without Kawhi in the lineup where I thought they would just fold. Not the case.

Yes! I was thinking the same thing a long time ago - would the Raptors without DD be any worse? I loved his attitude and everything but how much does inefficient bulk scoring really help? Never in my wildest dreams did I expect anything like this though, we're currently 9-1 without Khawi and just destroyed GS on the road after playing the night before, just wow! Is this the most impressive regular season win in Raptor history? Damon Stoudamire beating MJ back in the day is right up there too but nothing else immediately comes to mind.

I wasn't planning on watching the whole game as I had to get up ad 5:45 today but man ... then again, I didn't watch the last 3 minutes or so so there. :)

What a game!

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
The Bucks are a bigger obstacle to us winning the Championship than the Warriors are. ;)

Let me play the Warriors card against this Bucks statement.

We lost one game to the Bucks without Kawhi.

We lost one game to the Bucks without Lowry for all intensive purposes.

We win against the Bucks with both of them in the lineup!!!

If Golden State can have excuses made for them everytime we beat their asses. Why cant we for the Raptors who are the best team in the NBA today record wise!

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I stayed up for this one, and I'm paying for it this morning, lol. It was worth it though.

That might be the most impressive win I've ever watched as a Raps fan.

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Not gonna lie, sad to see JV get injured and all, but I'm kinda excited to see Monroe get some more playing time if he's out for a few games and I don't even know why.

Monroe is the best 3rd string centre in the league by a country mile.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I stayed up for the this one, and I'm paying for it this morning, lol. It was worth it though.

That might be the most impressive win I've ever watched as a Raps fan.

Yup, definitely worth it. I'm not sure it's really sunk in yet either, I mean sure it was just one game but this was GS getting just absolutely humiliated in front of their fans and us without our best player, never in my wildest dreams did I expect this. If it wasn't for the somewhat unlikely magic of Lebron that one time, these guys would be the 4 time defending champions and I'll say it again, they were absolutely humiliated!

Absolutely humiliated!

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Yup, definitely worth it. I'm not sure it's really sunk in yet either, I mean sure it was just one game but this was GS getting just absolutely humiliated in front of their fans and us without our best player, never in my wildest dreams did I expect this. If it wasn't for the somewhat unlikely magic of Lebron that one time, these guys would be the 4 time defending champions and I'll say it again, they were absolutely humiliated!

Absolutely humiliated!

I don’t necessarily disagree. I’ll simply state that this was a Wednesday night game, prior to Christmas Day, in the NBA.

Just a caveat that most of the elite players in the league haven’t truly started to care, and won’t until pretty much after the all star break.

That’s why the Raptors could lose to Brooklyn, and it doesn’t truly effect what I think of the team (I believe they’re the best team in the East by a good margin, fwiw).

I’m happy with the win, but it ends right about there.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don’t necessarily disagree. I’ll simply state that this was a Wednesday night game, prior to Christmas Day, in the NBA.

Just a caveat that most of the elite players in the league haven’t truly started to care, and won’t until pretty much after the all star break.

That’s why the Raptors could lose to Brooklyn, and it doesn’t truly effect what I think of the team (I believe they’re the best team in the East by a good margin, fwiw).

Stop killing my buzz man!! JK, nobody can do that at this point. :)

Seriously, I know that a week from now this game is ancient history and in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really mean much even now. But ATM I don't GAF, it was freaking awesome to Absolutely humiliate the amazing Warriors, this was possibly the greatest regular season win in franchise history and for the moment, I just want to enjoy it. I stayed up to watch and didn't stop until there was less than 3 minutes to play and I enjoyed every freaking second of it!

And I think the Warriors care, at least a little bit. At least you could tell that there was a point last night where Durant cared and tried as hard as he could to get them back in it and the Raps just stuffed him. I'll bet Durant's going to remember this one for a long time, I know I would if I was him.

:partytime:

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

If anything, the Warriors will want to kick our butts even more now. True statements, great win, but means nothing.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

It was a nationally televised game though - players tend to get up for those.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Best game in raps history? probably. What a beatdown. Made them look old.

Now we need Nurse to get the balance right and get them playing this amazing style with kawhi fully integrated. We haven't see that yet but if we can get it right we might just be the favorites.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yes! I was thinking the same thing a long time ago - would the Raptors without DD be any worse? I loved his attitude and everything but how much does inefficient bulk scoring really help? Never in my wildest dreams did I expect anything like this though, we're currently 9-1 without Khawi and just destroyed GS on the road after playing the night before, just wow! Is this the most impressive regular season win in Raptor history? Damon Stoudamire beating MJ back in the day is right up there too but nothing else immediately comes to mind.

I wasn't planning on watching the whole game as I had to get up ad 5:45 today but man ... then again, I didn't watch the last 3 minutes or so so there. :)

What a game!

100% no doubt whatsoever that the Raps would have done better in the playoffs if Demar had simply been benched. And I mean in every series.

he's not a good player. On a championship he might make a good Lou Williams-type 6th man instant offense off the bench, but even then his lack of 3 makes him lacking there too.

Career

Green: .117ws48, 3.0bpm, 18.3vorp
Demar: .113ws48, -0.5bpm, 9.0vorp

This Year

Green .108ws48, 3.2bpm, 3.4rpm
Demar: .128ws48, 1.5bpm, 1.6rpm

2x the player for 1/3 the price.

what a great fricken trade.

Kawhi was a nice throw-in, too.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
* for all intents and purposes
It's a classic screw up
we must put the booze away despite it's glorious services
Warriors playing the role of the Raptors?! I ask "'sup?"
A win so exceptional is must be an outlier but I don't want any skirmishes!

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Absolutely humiliated!

Going into this game, I would have been content with a close game even if we lost.

On the second night of a back to back in their barn, against their best players, missing Kawhi and then losing JV...and we just dominated them from start to finish.

Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad