Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Should be a good game this evening. I believe the Raptors match-up very well with the Celtics. Both Tatum (Kawhi) and Hayward (OG\Green) are accounted for, as is Kyrie (Kyle\Delon when healthy). The Raptors are deeper.

Both teams are attempting to integrate their rosters this early so tonight will not be a comprehensive indication of future interactions, but should be entertaining nonetheless.

Always fun to stick it to Bill Simmons, as well.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Should be a good game this evening. I believe the Raptors match-up very well with the Celtics. Both Tatum (Kawhi) and Hayward (OG\Green) are accounted for, as is Kyrie (Kyle\Delon when healthy). The Raptors are deeper.

Both teams are attempting to integrate their rosters this early so tonight will not be a comprehensive indication of future interactions, but should be entertaining nonetheless.

Always fun to stick it to Bill Simmons, as well.

Everyone sleeps on their mvp Horford. If we can keep him quiet, we can win. Should be a good game though I think they are further along than we are. Should be a good measure and lots of fun

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Everyone sleeps on their mvp Horford. If we can keep him quiet, we can win. Should be a good game though I think they are further along than we are. Should be a good measure and lots of fun

Al doesn't scare me. He's good, and gets the appropriate attention. In theory, Serge matches up perfectly with him (I know that Serge is profoundly unreliable, so take that with a grain of salt).

I'm not sure I agree that they are slightly ahead in their integration. They have two key pieces expecting heavy minutes and touches that weren't a part of their playoff run, right in line with the Raptors. I guess the argument is that the best coach in the league helps make the transition far easier, which I would agree with.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Eh he’s a great passing big that has extended his range in recent years but he still struggles to defend Cs in the post and he’s allergic to rebounds.

Last edited:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
The narratives will be out of control if we lose this game.

Need to win this just to see that clown Pierce make some excuse up for the Celtics.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

It began with a telephone call on the week of the NBA draft: The largest, most emotional trade in the history of the Toronto Raptors.

Bobby Webster was on the phone with everybody that week — so many calls and texts, he can’t remember them all — but the phone call that started it all was to his old pal Brian Wright.

Webster is the young general manager of the Raptors, working under Masai Ujiri. Wright is the young assistant GM of the San Antonio Spurs, working under R.J. Buford.

The two are considered among the elite of upcoming executives in the NBA. And Webster and Wright have been friends since they first interned together with the Orlando Magic.

If not for their relationship — their friendship, really — it’s entirely possible the Raptors would not have traded for Kawhi Leonard. Webster did so much of the work to make the complicated deal happen, and in the background did so much of the due diligence.

Mar 26, 2010
Kawhi is staying in Toronto. He will fall in love with the City.

Last edited:

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Really good game. I do wish the Raps had more ball movement, they've looked a bit stagnant at times, but they're still meshing and Boston is an excellent defensive team. This is one Ibaka's best games in a long time, he looks like a difference maker. Obviously it's extremely early but it looks to me like they need another piece that can reliably create their own looks to elevate them to the top 3 teams in the league. Still, plenty of positives to take from the first 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad