Raptors Discussion: v50|#WeTheNorth| Lowry can dunk! Seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Knicks are on the verge of buying out Amare.

Took them long enough.

And before anyone suggests it, I wouldn't go anywhere near him for the Raptors. If we want another big, we want a defensive presence. Amare wasn't a great defender even at his best. Now with crumbling knees and waning athleticism he's practically totally ineffective.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
a) That won't happen because it's stupid and people hate it. People already hate the fact that the MLB all-star game "counts" and negates actual work put in by actual teams to secure home-field advantage.

Home-field advantage for the World Series has never been determined by team performance as far as I know. Before it was determined by the All-Star Game winner, it simply alternated between leagues.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Alex Kennedy says rival execs believe raptors would trade val + ross for a legit star

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
I don't get all the complaints around here. I follow the NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL and even the MLS all pretty closely. The NBA all-star game is by far the most entertaining one.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
Hope JV isn't involved in trade considerations. Would be a huge mistake, and decidedly un-Masai like.

I don't know where Ross goes from here tbh, in terms of development.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
his value is at an all time low at the moment. Not saying Ross for KG/West but they would help us in the playoffs against hawks/bulls

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Masai isn't going to get much for Ross right now. He's having an awful year.

Apparently, a Ross for Kanter swap is an option. I could get by with that although Kanter is terrible defensively.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Larry Sanders buy-out could be happening soon in Milwaukee.

If he becomes a FA, I hope Masai pushes hard for him. I know he's had injury and drug problems, but if we can get his act together he would be a dream fit with this team, the rim protecter everyone wants.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
Larry Sanders buy-out could be happening soon in Milwaukee.

If he becomes a FA, I hope Masai pushes hard for him. I know he's had injury and drug problems, but if we can get his act together he would be a dream fit with this team, the rim protecter everyone wants.
Apparently he doesn't really like playing basketball. So I wonder if he even wants to sign with another team right now.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
his value is at an all time low at the moment. Not saying Ross for KG/West but they would help us in the playoffs against hawks/bulls

I don't think KG is worth Ross but he remains exactly who I want as our backup centre.

Shwaguy*

Vucevic would work for me.

Wouldn't trade Val for Vuc alone, vuc is better right now because he's been gifted a feature role but JV ends up better, Vuc has little to no upside defensively

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Vucevic would work for me.

Vucevic and JV are basically the same player though. Their per 36 numbers as 3rd year players are basically the same. Vucevic is scoring more this year though (mainly because his usage rate has gone way up while JV has remained nearly the same for his basketball career).

Neither offer much protection at the rim. I'd stick with JV and maybe try using him more in the offense because the Raps have a star in their hands with him.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Apparently he doesn't really like playing basketball. So I wonder if he even wants to sign with another team right now.

He says he wants to (and realistically after getting a buyout he wouldn't need to if he was careful with his money). But between the off-court troubles and the constant nagging potential for him to go full Ricky Williams and bail on the league so he can get toasted every day, you'd have to be damn sure he's going to stick around and honor his contract (or that you have some kind of out in the form of a personal conduct stipulation or some level of non-guarantee provision for future years if he flakes out.)

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
He says he wants to (and realistically after getting a buyout he wouldn't need to if he was careful with his money). But between the off-court troubles and the constant nagging potential for him to go full Ricky Williams and bail on the league so he can get toasted every day, you'd have to be damn sure he's going to stick around and honor his contract (or that you have some kind of out in the form of a personal conduct stipulation or some level of non-guarantee provision for future years if he flakes out.)

I would say that with all the talk about team chemistry and with the family vibe going on with our group, this is the last guy I would bring into the fold.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Hmmm when's deadline? Are there typically not many trades at deadline?

Thursday. And the NBA deadline isn't as hyped as the NHL deadline - I think the biggest deal last year was Granger getting dumped by the Pacers for Turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad