Raptors Discussion: v32 | The playoff push continues. Trade Deadline on Thursday, Feb 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Wonder if we'll be active at the draft.

Also makes you wonder if Masai is close to a number with Lowry that makes sense.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Can anyone who follows the NCAA comment on some potential draft targets in the 15 - 25 range?

I know this is supposed to be a very good draft, but is it all concentrated at the top-end?

GoHardSports

TorontoMarleauLeafs
Feb 22, 2010
Vaughan
Can anyone who follows the NCAA comment on some potential draft targets in the 15 - 25 range?

I know this is supposed to be a very good draft, but is it all concentrated at the top-end?
Canadian-wise, Stauskas will be in that range. Deadly shooter with great mechanics and emerging slashing game. Very weak defensively.

Its possible that Tyler Ennis could fall into that range, but a lot of mocks have him going top 10 now. Solid all-around PG who rarely turns over the ball.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Unless Tyler Ennis just completely falls off the proverbial cliff or has a serious injury, he'll be in the top half of the draft.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Cleveland is so stupid why did they pick up Spencer Hawes and Luol Deng? They are a proverbial treadmill team. Racing for 9th place. Wasted picks on a Center who they didn't really need in Hawes (when they already had Varejao) and Luol Deng is going to bolt the first chance he gets. Wasting high picks on guys like Bennett and Thompson.

It's like they are trying to win now to hopefully entice Kyrie to stay.

I assume they wanted depth at Center to help Bennett because Varejao is out?? I dunno. Gongshow of an organization.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Owner / GM of Cleveland should have been let go along time ago. He didn't make the proper moves when LBJ was there either.

mikebel111*

There u go raps!

Ross has the tools to become a great defender. Has speed. Jumping ability. Now consistency is key.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Did you guys see the thread at RealGM about apparently Rondo trade coming back to fruition in the off-season if they can't get Lowry back for a decent price? They are hoping to sell the team and city to Rondo in the season that they'll have him.

Awfully huge risk. After next season we could be without Lowry, picks and Rondo (if they do the trade) if it all backfires.

mikebel111*

Good win! Some things i like to fix but solid game aside from 1st Q.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Mike Monroe: Asked Pop what are his expectations for Austin Daye. His response: 'Who?' Twitter @Monroe_SA
Kevin Zimmerman: Popovich on Daye trade: "I know there's a lot of publicity on the TV about the trade ... Could change the balance of the West."

:laugh:

mikebel111*

I am a bit worried about our slow first quarters. Or is it not that bad?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think it's safe to assume we're playoff bound. 7 games up on the 9th place Pistons with 27 games to go. We'd have to go like 6-21 or something crazy like that to miss. I think with another 13-14 wins we can clinch.

GoHardSports

TorontoMarleauLeafs
Feb 22, 2010
Vaughan
I think it's safe to assume we're playoff bound. 7 games up on the 9th place Pistons with 27 games to go. We'd have to go like 6-21 or something crazy like that to miss.

What everyone is focusing on now is seeding. Just don't wanna end up 7th or 8th. We should finish in that 3 or 4 spot.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Cleveland is so stupid why did they pick up Spencer Hawes and Luol Deng? They are a proverbial treadmill team. Racing for 9th place. Wasted picks on a Center who they didn't really need in Hawes (when they already had Varejao) and Luol Deng is going to bolt the first chance he gets. Wasting high picks on guys like Bennett and Thompson.

It's like they are trying to win now to hopefully entice Kyrie to stay.

I assume they wanted depth at Center to help Bennett because Varejao is out?? I dunno. Gongshow of an organization.

Hawes does make sense from an offensive standpoint. A five that can stretch the floor, shoot well from 3 point well and still rebound well is pretty nice... but he is a pretty bad defender. Basically a better Bargnani.

They get a good defender in Deng then get a poor one in Hawes. I think they are just getting players and hope it fits somehow. It's a poorly constructed roster. Detroit has the same problems but Drummond being insane saved them a little bit.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Hawes does make sense from an offensive standpoint. A five that can stretch the floor, shoot well from 3 point well and still rebound well is pretty nice... but he is a pretty bad defender. Basically a better Bargnani.

They get a good defender in Deng then get a poor one in Hawes. I think they are just getting players and hope it fits somehow. It's a poorly constructed roster.

That's a pretty expensive way to basically have a player tryout to see what pieces fit. They've given up a ton of picks. And the worst part is there is no way Deng is sticking around. So they move two 2nd's for Deng and then put him on the trade block after they find out he doesn't mix well with the team..aren't able to move him, so instead they go opposite route and make another trade and move more picks for Hawes. What a clown organization, other than those LeBron years where he carried that franchise, they've been an embarrassment for a long time.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
That's a pretty expensive way to basically have a player tryout to see what pieces fit. They've given up a ton of picks. And the worst part is there is no way Deng is sticking around. So they move two 2nd's for Deng and then put him on the trade block after they find out he doesn't mix well with the team..aren't able to move him, so instead they go opposite route and make another trade and move more picks for Hawes. What a clown organization, other than those LeBron years where he carried that franchise, they've been an embarrassment for a long time.

I agree. I think the front office is trying to save their jobs and mortgaging the future to do so.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Any chance Melvin Ejim gets drafted this year? His numbers are pretty good although he is a senior. I suppose a big concern would be that his 3 point shooting isn't very good for a wing player.

This is a pretty amazing draft class as far as Canadians go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad