Raptors Discussion: v29: Chuckers Gonna Chuck IV: Chuck it like you've never chucked it before

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

The Raptors are in the process of a culture change. They have what is expected to be as very creditable management staff in place now. They have Drake working the PR side of things, now all they need to do is change the culture on the court, Demar, Rudy and KL all need to go. Pieces to keep moving forward, Val, needs more plays run through him, plays should be created for him, instead he's having to try and find his own to make things happen.

Ross at worst I think could be a good bench player. He has the athleticism and shooting skills to be much more and maybe given a greater chance he will get that chance, but only getting 4-6 shots a game is not doing much for the guys development. They have guys like Demar and Gay taking roughly 20 shots each a game. and DD- 41.9, Gay 38.1 shooting percent. Give Ross a chance run some plays for him, the kid has the potential to be much more the Demar, just needs to grow.

the few games I have seen. They almost run no plays for ross.
just going by stats, ross seems to have gotten better

46% FG
39% 3FG

run plays for the rookies casey. they are the future.

Asif16*

Lol nets suck. We might actually even have home court advantage this year with how the east is shaping up lol

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Captain Rudy Gay has banned stat sheets from the Raptors' locker room.

It’s common practice that after every game each player is provided a scoresheet. The sheet breaks down the individual players’ contributions as well as team totals.

That won’t be happening anymore in Toronto. Rudy Gay has put a stop to it.

Gay sees the scoresheets as an unnecessary barrier to team unity or even a temptation to be more focussed on what is best for the individual as opposed to what is best for the team.

“We’re not playing for stats,†Gay said.

Gay said there was no incident or no moment that pushed him toward this decision but as a leader on this team, he felt it was just something that was best for the team.

“I wanted to just nip it in the butt before it became an issue,†he said. “We come in here after losses, after wins and people are staring at those stat sheets, but that’s not what we’re about. We’re a team and the stat that matters is the W.â€

When it’s pointed out that isn’t always the case in a league where the gap between the highest paid the lowest paid members on a team can be huge and stats may mean more to some than others, Gay agreed.

“It isn’t,†he said, “but at the end of the day if we win everybody gets their just due. I’ve seen it. I’ve been a part of it.â€

Gay said there were no objections from his teammates when he delivered the news.

“No, none. It was pretty easy.â€

Ironically, the numbers these days are looking more promising than they have in some time for most of the Raptors. Gay, who came down with the flu Thursday and woke up Friday out of breath, all achy and tired from a restless night skipped shootaround in order to be at his best for the game that night. His numbers weren’t all that great but, like his teammates, delivered when he was needed most.

As it turned out, Gay was no better Friday night than he was Friday morning but he said there was never a thought to not play.

“We’re a team and I’m going to push through things and hopefully the rest of the guys will do the same thing,†he said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/23/raptors-focus-on-team-unity-not-stats

He doesn't want the team to see that he takes 20 shots a game.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
Gay is nothing more but another bad chapter from BC's reign of mediocrity. Looking forward to the day when he's no longer wearing a Raptors jersey.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
How selfish is Kobe btw. Doesn't even take a hometown discount for the Lakers...

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Charles Barkley speakin the truth on PTI. Talking about the state of the NBA.

I don't think I've ever seen the east this weak. There are legit two good teams. Miami and Indiana, then a bunch of ****** mediocre teams. I thought the Bulls were gonna be at the top, but their season is pretty much done now. The Knicks suck. The Nets suck too with their ****** coach and washed up players.

They were also talking about Parker possibly staying a 2nd year at Duke. I kinda wish more of the highly touted college players would spend more than one year in college. Barkley brought up a good point about all these one and done players taking the cash and declaring for the draft, then not doing **** with their careers in the NBA. It'd also be better for the NCAA seeing guys like Wiggins and Parker have more than one shot at a national championship. Imagine seeing Wiggins win multiple championships at Kansas. That'd be amazing.

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
They will probably still put it on TSN2 and show curling instead.

will ferrell will be doing the skins game!:handclap:

How selfish is Kobe btw. Doesn't even take a hometown discount for the Lakers...

agreed. however if the lakers are willing to go over the salary cap they should be fine, but him not taking the tim duncan discount just showed how selfish he is.

don't look now guys but we will probably win tonight and be .500 i.e. we are heading for a 41-41 season.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Charles Barkley speakin the truth on PTI. Talking about the state of the NBA.

I don't think I've ever seen the east this weak. There are legit two good teams. Miami and Indiana, then a bunch of ****** mediocre teams. I thought the Bulls were gonna be at the top, but their season is pretty much done now. The Knicks suck. The Nets suck too with their ****** coach and washed up players.

They were also talking about Parker possibly staying a 2nd year at Duke. I kinda wish more of the highly touted college players would spend more than one year in college. Barkley brought up a good point about all these one and done players taking the cash and declaring for the draft, then not doing **** with their careers in the NBA. It'd also be better for the NCAA seeing guys like Wiggins and Parker have more than one shot at a national championship. Imagine seeing Wiggins win multiple championships at Kansas. That'd be amazing.

nooo. I don't want Wiggins staying in college for multiple years. That would suck.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
The only problem with this team right now other then cap, is Rudy Gay.

I would say the problem is they aren't as bad as the other teams in the bottom tier of the east. They need to find a way to lose tonight. That would really help

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I would say the problem is they aren't as bad as the other teams in the bottom tier of the east. They need to find a way to lose tonight. That would really help

for us to get to the bottom of the league. we would probably have to trade Demar/Rudy/Ross./Lowry.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
for us to get to the bottom of the league. we would probably have to trade Demar/Rudy/Ross./Lowry.

Which is exactly what we should be doing.

Maybe not Ross he is still cheap and has atleast some potential to be a rotation player but it doesn't hurt to try and find a team that believes his potential is greater than it actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad