Blue Jays GDT: (v12) Next Game: @ Tampa Bay |Wed May 8| 7pm ET/4pm PT | R. Romero vs M. Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Jansenn perfect.

It's not crap. I'm not comparing their skillsets, I'm comparing the response they would have got from people here. Joe Carter would have been loathed, especially with the amount of at bats he got.

But that's just utterly untrue

Joe Carter was a middle of the order hitter. He wasn't a top-5 in MVP voting every year hitter like the media thought he was, but he wasn't a sub-par defensive player putting up <.300 OBP's and barely >.700 OPS's.

People would've haaaaated the Carter/Alomar trade though, that's for sure.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
You know that's that true. A complete and total fabrication. I don't see people wanting a below replacement level outfielder to replace Rasmus.

In fairness people want Gose up to replace Rasmus sooner rather then later. However like Nemesis said at least Rasmus brings elite defense to the table which removes one thing to complain about. Imagine how bad it would be if Rasmus played Bonifacio like CF defense and still struck out like he does now.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
You know that's that true. A complete and total fabrication. I don't see people wanting a below replacement level outfielder to replace Rasmus.

Who they want to replace him with is irrelevant. But the way that people malign and criticize Rasmus is about the same level as the way they do for Arencibia. With either player it's never been about specifically who they would be replaced with, just "replace them with teh guy in AAA" and it's been Thole and Gose respectively. If it was, say, d'Arnaud and Moises Sierra, the reactions would probably be the same.

But this really isn't a GDT discussion topic. As you said earlier it probably won't be resolved either. If people want to continue, they can continue in the discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad