Laval Rocket: Utica Comets at Laval Rocket 7:00 pm - (RDS2/AHL.tv)

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
Ironic that what is potentially the winning goal by Utica happens on a penalty in the last minutes by Condotta, who was just sent down.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Gotta wonder if there's something about the system that is bad for puckmoving d. Norlinder looked great in preseason and can do literally nothing in the AHL except go minus every game. Barron played top 4 minutes in the NHL and is also a non factor collecting minuses in Laval's system.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bad night, you just can't give up that many shots, Dobes was not good on one of those goals but he did face a 41 shots, before tonight he had 1 game at the start of the season and then 45 in mid December so just the 3rd time this season he's faced that much rubber.

Heineman very impressive production, that's great to see.

Simoneau works hard every game, got to love the way he plays if he can only work on that skating, get quicker that dude will go through a wall if he had to. Really good production over his career so far.

Trudeau Barron was a very risky move imo but while I was really disappointed in his play since he's been sent down, I thought he showed more confidence with the puck and was making some things happen. If I recall correctly last time he was sent down I believe he struggled badly in the first few games but then turned it on and went on a tear. I wonder if tonight is the start of something from him. I like that Trudeau has been better for a bit now, still a lot of work to do but another year in Laval will be good for him. Got to cut down on the mistakes though.

I don't know what to make of Norlinder as I get so pissed watching him play as it's nothing like he plays in Sweden and at times he really looks like he couldn't give a shit but other times I see him turn it on and go ok this is what you need to start doing but then he does something stupid and you go f***.

I'm glad Mysak is scoring more, 10 goals is impressive for the TOI he gets, he had 7 goals in his AHL career prior to this season so it's always good to see a prospect progress. He needs a ton of work as the size, strength, speed, skating are all major issues for him but he's a hard worker that can shoot the puck.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
If they won't let Arber play a rough and tumble game where he gets PIMS, SEND him to laval to simmer PLEASE.

Also, I get why they don't want him taking penalties, it makes sense. BUT THATS HIS GAME and every team, IMO, needs a guy to get physical and take penalties.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
If they won't let Arber play a rough and tumble game where he gets PIMS, SEND him to laval to simmer PLEASE.

Also, I get why they don't want him taking penalties, it makes sense. BUT THATS HIS GAME and every team, IMO, needs a guy to get physical and take penalties.
No team needs a guy that takes hooking, roughing and high stick calls. Even worse in the offensive zone.

Massive difference between PIMs you get in a fight that offset with your opponent 's and PIMs that send your team down one man.

Taking penalties isn't and shouldn't be his game. He has way more to offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad