Utah team name polling opens, list of potential names revealed

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Should just keep coyotes if these are the only options they could come up with. Been many suggestions in this thread that are so much better. Frankly you could call yourself the Ice Fishers and it would be better than nearly all these official options.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Honestly, who in their right mind green lit the potential name of Powder. Do they not know about hockey players and their cocaine use?

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Unpopular opinion- like ALL name suggestion, and Powder would be greatest name in history of sports.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
In deference to Keanu Reaves, the Point Breaks would be unique.

The Utah Get Me Twos

R.e75e0fdb6bd5cb9dc4f735665a5e4d05

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Interestingly enough, there is a Ghost Town/unincorporated community in the State of Utah called Mammoth.

Either way it sounds and looks as though this whole thing is going to be for not as Yeti seems to have the ears and heart eyes of the Owner.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
How many posters on HF?

Can we all set aside our differences for a day? Then have a poll on the worst possible f***en name.. then all go online and vote for the worst f***en name possible. Then just troll Utah for the next few years for having a stupid name?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... I know that kids really love the Utah Yetis concept. I don’t love it, but if the kids go crazy for it, that makes it worth it.
Is there evidence that the Utah team owner will present a more family friendly product than his new fellow NHL owners? If not, it makes no sense to me to expect a cuddly mascot to be the face of Team Utah. More likely a well-dressed valet who visits the luxury suites to hawk more premium ticket sales. 🤑

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I'm surprised there's not more attempts at alliteration or rhyming or something. Like a horrific attempt at using ChatGPT pairing up winter words and Utah attraction words. ...

if it's not faux pas, maybe Utah Ullr? A Norse God associated with skiing and hunting.
Norse gods are into skiing? That is TOTALLY awesome, dude!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad