Utah team name polling opens, list of potential names revealed

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Most of those names are pretty rough, and as a fan of a team called the "Wild" I know what I'm talking about.

I'm really disappointed that "Punks" isn't on the list. SLC is known for two things, hosting the Olympics that one year and a movie. Lean into it.

Reactions: paulmm3

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I'm an SLC local. I voted for Outlaws and Mountaineers only in this first round. The "Swarm", "Fury" type names just seem out of place for the league and make us sound like a WNBA team imo. Yeti similarly just sounds like a weird comic book name that's out of place with all the other team names. I just want a normal sounding team name.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Why aren't there more powders on this list, I only see 1.

I wanted to vote for my favourite but I'll just have to vote for powder in general.

Jun 25, 2021
Crystal would be better than powder since SLC is more of a meth place. It seems dumb to let the public decide this.

Prsut18

Jul 30, 2018
CZ
I like Venom, Outlaws or Swarm best.. ..just hope it is not Utah HC ...so Euroleague
I also don´t like the idea of the team being without identity for the first season, seems so unprofessional for NHL..

..I also hope for unique color scheme.. there is enough blue and red in the league

Reactions: Seattle Totems

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
I voted Utah Ice because it’s so bad it’s good. Realistically Outlaws is the best name there, I don’t mind the idea of Hive but just call them Sting or Hornets.

Reactions: paulmm3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad