USHL Fargo Force 2013

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Being 16 he's wanting to make a good impression on the team. Also what 16 yr old do you know doesn't do some childish thing. I have a feeling he's going to be super good for the Force.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Being 16 he's wanting to make a good impression on the team. Also what 16 yr old do you know doesn't do some childish thing. I have a feeling he's going to be super good for the Force.

Only 16? Hell he is still wet behind the ears. I'm 52 and still do some dumb shyt once in awhile.;)

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Only 16? Hell he is still wet behind the ears. I'm 52 and still do some dumb shyt once in awhile.;)

Yeah he barely made the team his birthday is 4-15-1997. So Id give the kid a break. He will learn as time goes. I'm 31 and I do dumb crap every so often to.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Going back to the game in Omaha Michael Babcock was given a 3 game suspension for his game misconduct. He will be able to play after 10/11/13.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Tonight was a good game at the Scheels Arena Swamp. Des Moines were a tough team but the Force pulled out the win in a shoot out. Gage Torrel and Christian Cakebread scored in regulation time. Teemu Kivihalme got the shoot out win.

Also playing for Des Moines was Alec Rauhauser a North Dakota kid.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Tonight was a good game at the Scheels Arena Swamp. Des Moines were a tough team but the Force pulled out the win in a shoot out. Gage Torrel and Christian Cakebread scored in regulation time. Teemu Kivihalme got the shoot out win.

Also playing for Des Moines was Alec Rauhauser a North Dakota kid.
Nice win Force.

How did the Rauhauser kid look? Saw him play here in Jamestown when his high school team was in town. Thought he would get Mr. Hockey last year.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
He was ok. I think as the season goes he will get better he was a little lost at times. The play was faster then high school. I have a feeling he will be drafted at some point and Des Moines is a good place for him. He just need to watch the knee to knee hits.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
He was ok. I think as the season goes he will get better he was a little lost at times. The play was faster then high school. I have a feeling he will be drafted at some point and Des Moines is a good place for him. He just need to watch the knee to knee hits.
Thanks. From North Dakota high school hockey to the USHL is one big leap. He will need time to adjust for sure.

Cole Bruns goalie for the Omaha Lancers has started the season with 5 straight shutouts. The Lancers have outscored their opponents 22 to 0 this season. That is just nuts.:amazed:

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
What a hard loss (7-1) to Cedar Rapids. They were strong with their forecheck and really good on Defense. I just feel bad for Cam Johnson for being left out there after the 4th goal. So many people were questioning why Jensen didn't come in. Also the refs seemed to dictate the game to. Eyssimont was called for tripping after the whistle. First off he was poke checking for puck and Roughriders player was the one that skated through but jumped over Eyssimont's stick. Plus the refs were take a bit to call for stoppage of play but were calling quick ones for the Roughriders.

I do have to give it up to Baiocco for the hustle for the goal. It was almost a end to end rush.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Another road loss. It sucks seeing the Force have some may goals against. In the last two games they have been out scored 13-1. Both Johnson and Jensen goals against are going to be crazy high.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Is Marks a marked man? Yes he got them to the playoffs last year and had a great year but I have heard some rumblings on the way he runs things. Supposedly he cut some pretty good players this year.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Yeah there was some good player cut this year and last year. Its odd seeing the team using a break out everytime. No just on the fly plays even on powerplays. I've never seen a team ran like it. The last two years there has been good draft picks cut such as Aaron Nelson (Bismarck Bobcats goalie) and a few others.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
What a hard loss (7-1) to Cedar Rapids. They were strong with their forecheck and really good on Defense. I just feel bad for Cam Johnson for being left out there after the 4th goal. So many people were questioning why Jensen didn't come in. Also the refs seemed to dictate the game to. Eyssimont was called for tripping after the whistle. First off he was poke checking for puck and Roughriders player was the one that skated through but jumped over Eyssimont's stick. Plus the refs were take a bit to call for stoppage of play but were calling quick ones for the Roughriders.

I do have to give it up to Baiocco for the hustle for the goal. It was almost a end to end rush.

Don't sleep on the Roughriders. Quietly 4-1 on the year but not much talk because they are low in the standings due to lack of games played. I watched the game on Fast Hockey and they flat out dominated the force from start to finish.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Don't sleep on the Roughriders. Quietly 4-1 on the year but not much talk because they are low in the standings due to lack of games played. I watched the game on Fast Hockey and they flat out dominated the force from start to finish.

I do agree. I thought they had such a strong breakout and backcheck. The Force looked sloppy and looked like they were still in practice mode. Wasting time on a sloppy breakout on a PK it a joke. Just take the puck into their and see what happens. Also have some plays just happen on the fly and no fancy passes. The Force had 4 shots in the first and didn't get one until middle of the 2nd period.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
After looking through rosters today the Force have made some moves.

Jeremy Butterworth was release and is now with the Brooks Bandits of the AJHL

He was replaced with C.J. Hayes

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Another tough loss. This time to the Team USA under 18 team. Team USA was strong and really good with passes.

Once again the game was dictated by the refs. So many calls that should have went both ways but went against the Force. In the second a USA player was punching our guy in the face repeatedly once our guy touched him the ref called it. It happened three times in the period.

In the last two games Johnson has 11 goals against but has faced 60 shots. Talk about crazy.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Another tough loss. This time to the Team USA under 18 team. Team USA was strong and really good with passes.

Once again the game was dictated by the refs. So many calls that should have went both ways but went against the Force. In the second a USA player was punching our guy in the face repeatedly once our guy touched him the ref called it. It happened three times in the period.

In the last two games Johnson has 11 goals against but has faced 60 shots. Talk about crazy.

Hate to say it but with 11 goals allowed he should of faced more than 60 shots. That is a terrible save percentage. That won't cut it for the Sioux when he he is at UND.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Hate to say it but with 11 goals allowed he should of faced more than 60 shots. That is a terrible save percentage. That won't cut it for the Sioux when he he is at UND.

Its been a rough last few games. In 5 games hes made 159 saves with 18 goals against with a goal against average of 3.60. I know our defense has been sloppy lately to. I'm still sick of seeing break outs all the time and no on the fly plays happening.

On other cool note from last night. Mike Babcock (The head coach of the Detroit Red Wings as at the game). I saw him giving one of the assistant coaches some pointers after the game.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Well another loss. The Force lose to Sioux Falls 2-1. Cam Johnson faced 50 shots. In 3 games he has faced 110 shots. Thats 209 shots against. They were out shot as the Force had only 17 shots on net.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
My sport sales professor used the Force's season ticket Sarah Mclachlan promo video as the example for his lecture on Twitter/Social Media effect on ticket sales today :laugh: ...and I'm all the way in Indiana.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad