Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
@Tom Hansen
DT16y_8U0AAJYUw.jpg

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
@Ceremony I have a snooker question for you: Does the commentary we hear on the telly get heard by the audience and the players as well? It sounds dumb but sometimes it feels like the audience reacts and laughs to what the commentators say.
Yes, you can get earpieces at events which let you listen to TV commentary. I don't have Eurosport so I can only speak for the BBC efforts at the UK/Masters/World Championship. My favourite bit is when John Virgo makes a "joke" as a player's going down for a shot and you can hear the guilt in his voice when he carries on talking after the referee's glared at the commentary box.

I personally think the biggest benefit of seeing one of these tournaments in live would be not having to put up with that inane shite, but apparently there's an audience for it.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Yes, you can get earpieces at events which let you listen to TV commentary. I don't have Eurosport so I can only speak for the BBC efforts at the UK/Masters/World Championship. My favourite bit is when John Virgo makes a "joke" as a player's going down for a shot and you can hear the guilt in his voice when he carries on talking after the referee's glared at the commentary box.

I personally think the biggest benefit of seeing one of these tournaments in live would be not having to put up with that inane ****e, but apparently there's an audience for it.

Ah I see, I thought it would be weird if everyone could hear it because the players would hear them slagging them off, but if the audience have an earpiece that makes sense.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
@Ceremony with all the injuries tonight's lineup might be the worst Rangers lineup I've seen in quite some time. They haven't even looked like scoring, their goal came from a PP apart from that they been utter shite

Holland, Catenacci, Lettieri, Carey, Kampfer, DeAngelo. These are literal AHL players.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
@Ceremony with all the injuries tonight's lineup might be the worst Rangers lineup I've seen in quite some time. They haven't even looked like scoring, their goal came from a PP apart from that they been utter ****e

Holland, Catenacci, Lettieri, Carey, Kampfer, DeAngelo. These are literal AHL players.
Nick Holden's about the only one I've noticed which probably says enough in itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad