Useless Thread MDCCXCIX: This Week in K-Pop (fromis_9, Rocket Punch comebacks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
are you a home owner

i have to fix the damn lamp post outside because the wind storms shattered the lantern apart

i don't know how to do this electrical shit it wants me to use electrical tape and pliers

we don't have that shit here

Used to own a home, long story...

I used to do all my own wall sockets, stuff like that. I have a full tool box for electronics and light electrical work.

What do you mean the latern? The glass or plastic housing or the bulb? Either one of those will not rquire any electrical work, if the bulb base can be unscrewed. Recently had to replace a bathroom fixture as the bulb was cross threaded so bad.

What exactly is broken?

Sep 19, 2008
Could only cut 6 portions out of a 12 dollar slab of trout

2 portions are a meal with a grain like rice or pasta

That's 3 meals :huh:

Sep 19, 2008
Dun Dun Dance - 95
Dear You - 87
My Doll - 86
Quest - 90
Who comes Who knows - 89
Swan - 88

Sep 19, 2008
Got through the terrible phone scene in American Pie 2 and then the lesbians came home. Seeing Stifler and company trying to rationalize it was hilarious. Also it was being broadcast to everyone :laugh:

TBH it was like the Nadia scene where Jim sends the link to everyone by mistake

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
And now......a word from 45:

"So now even our Kentucky Derby winner, Medina Spirit, is a junky. This is emblematic of what is happening to our Country. The whole world is laughing at us."

Lulz.

Sep 19, 2008
About 75% done with The Hobbit. The whole movie is basically Bilbo getting forced to become a burglar, getting taken by trolls, getting taken by goblins and now he's running from orcs

all that and it took 2 hours for all that

talk about a slow movie lol

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
About 75% done with The Hobbit. The whole movie is basically Bilbo getting forced to become a burglar, getting taken by trolls, getting taken by goblins and now he's running from orcs

all that and it took 2 hours for all that

talk about a slow movie lol

The Hobbit films aren't very good

They took the shortest book and made it into 3 movies, when all the Lord of the Rings books were longer and got a movie each

Work that one out

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
tenor.gif

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
The Hobbit probably would have been better as a 10 episode miniseries maybe especially since they include all the extra Gandalf/Sauron stuff which wasn't in the book

The movies were dragged out to be long and boring but at the same time not long enough as a series to include enough character development to make you learn which one is which let alone even actually care about any of the dwarves by the end other than Thorin because he's the main guy and the one who fancies the Elf girl.

They could have done that better with a miniseries and we could have actually learned a bit more about Bardand his family before the dwarves actually meet him, so he's not just "some guy" that they meet in the 2nd movie. They could also do the same thing with the Elves and develop them a bit more. Or in the movies they could have just not done all the fan-servicey bullshit like Legolas showing up, which would have saved a whole lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad