Useless Thread MDCCXCII: John Kreese Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I remember seeing a tweet that said something along the lines of "Straight men hate show tunes, yet they love Billy Joel."
It's a shame Scrubs finished before the internet frantically made gifs of every scene in popular TV shows because if it didn't I could post the gif of JD saying "Don't knock Billy Joel, Uptown Girl got me through high school."

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
It's a shame Scrubs finished before the internet frantically made gifs of every scene in popular TV shows because if it didn't I could post the gif of JD saying "Don't knock Billy Joel, Uptown Girl got me through high school."

It's a cliche, but Scrubs was a little bit before it's time. It definitely doesn't feel like a 20 year old show.

I could easily see it being as popular as The Office, had it started it's run a few years later

Sep 19, 2008
The Office is okay. Parks and Rec was always better.

Ron Swanson was a better boss than Michael Scott.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's a cliche, but Scrubs was a little bit before it's time. It definitely doesn't feel like a 20 year old show.

I could easily see it being as popular as The Office, had it started it's run a few years later
It does a bit. Its representations of women and LGBT things isn't always very good.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
iu
When the product first came to the U.S. market, the pre-meme joke was: "Have a Fresca, and snow in your pants." Not sure if the modern version of it has the same effect on the bladder, but it's worth a warning.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
But even I can tell the difference between the Four Seasons Lawn Care and the Four Seasons Hotel. Imagine that moron booking his bridal suite... :laugh:

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Parks and Rec, like most American comedies, is bad because it's not at all grounded in reality. The woman especially, it's impossible to suspend your disbelief that this could be a real person. Both versions of The Office are bad for this same reason.

This is why classic British comedies like The Inbetweeners are great, because the characters are actually believable and relatable.

Even JP from Fresh Meat, as ridiculous as he is, is a believable character if you've ever interacted with someone from his background, and it's relatable

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The best thing about Ron Swanson was that he was under-utilised enough to not be insufferable

But also at the same time Parks & Rec sucked because he was by far the best character and was barely ever in it
Haha! Manly American moustache man!

Sep 19, 2008
Parks and Rec, like most American comedies, is bad because it's not at all grounded in reality. The woman especially, it's impossible to suspend your disbelief that this could be a real person. Both versions of The Office are bad for this same reason.

This is why classic British comedies like The Inbetweeners are great, because the characters are actually believable and relatable.

Even JP from Fresh Meat, as ridiculous as he is, is a believable character if you've ever interacted with someone from his background, and it's relatable
you constantly complain about reality lol

Braveheart and Patriot for instance

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Haha! Manly American moustache man!

I remember the only reason I started trying to watch Parks and Rec was because I'd seen a clip where he teaches a little girl about Libertarianism and it was hilarious

Like many of the House MD clips I had seen, I thought these short clips were brilliant and I thought he was brilliant, then you realise literally every episode is the same and follows the same formula.

You then quickly learn that these shows are just not very good as entire entities and are only good for short meme clips. Like how for episodes of Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares the only part of each episode actually worth watching is when he sits down to try the food

Sep 19, 2008
My favorite accusation was when people alleged the Top Gear Alabama was faked because "People do not act like that" :laugh:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
you constantly complain about reality lol

Braveheart and Patriot for instance

It's not about reality, it's about relating to human characters.

Michael Scott and David Brent are not relatable, there's no way they could be a real person.

In their school days everyone knew an Inbetweeners Jay, everyone who went to university where there were poshos knew a JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad