Useless Thread MDCCCLXXXIII: NFL Pre-Postseason Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
@PanthersPens62

"Sources told Low that Saban had grown increasingly frustrated with "what college football had turned into. He's all about team and building a team and developing players, and now the only thing that seems to matter is who can get what in the NIL and who can get the biggest deal.""

Another coach like "Jim Bo" who retired because of the evolution of the game, allowing schools to basically buy talent and free agents through the portal. But keep whining about how Miami didn't buy a Final Four team.

If you're counting...

Jim Bo
Jay Wright
Nick Saban

and others I'im sure who have all quit or retired because of the state of the NCAA

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@PanthersPens62

"Sources told Low that Saban had grown increasingly frustrated with "what college football had turned into. He's all about team and building a team and developing players, and now the only thing that seems to matter is who can get what in the NIL and who can get the biggest deal.""

Another coach like "Jim Bo" who retired because of the evolution of the game, allowing schools to basically buy talent and free agents through the portal. But keep whining about how Miami didn't buy a Final Four team.

If you're counting...

Jim Bo
Jay Wright
Nick Saban

and others I'im sure who have all quit or retired because of the state of the NCAA
Again, one of the three are not the same. One of the three did not leave silently or with any modicum of class. Wright & Saban retired gracefully and no matter the reason they didn't trash other teams on the way out the door.

And if you think Dabo is the answer for 'Bama you are sadly mistaken. He will destroy that program with his Jim Bo like attitude about modern college football. I will say this again.....I HATE what college football has become but it is what it is so if you can't beat 'em, then you have to join 'em in the world of NIL. :nod:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte

"We no longer have a recruiting advantage, this is so unfair."

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
As much as I like the Joe Flacco comeback, the Browns still have Watson, so I'd rather see the Texans win.

Of course I don't want the Chiefs to win.

Kinda want to see the Steelers upset the Bills.

I'd rather see the Packers win, but what we really want is another Mike McCarthy clock management failure to end the game.

Obviously I want Detroit to win, but Stafford, Kupp, and Nacua against the Detroit defense scares me.

Eagles choking in primetime would be hilarious. And Baker is easy to cheer for.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
You have a Steam Deck right??? :huh: @Sega Dreamcast

If yes, is it good for emulation?? Or should I look at this instead if I essentially want a handheld-mini-PC to run emulators on and noodle around with???

IMG_4018.png

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
You have a Steam Deck right??? :huh: @Sega Dreamcast

If yes, is it good for emulation?? Or should I look at this instead if I essentially want a handheld-mini-PC to run emulators on and noodle around with???

View attachment 800703

There are emulators for the Steam Deck, although I've never got around to setting them up. I would guess everything up to PS2/Xbox/GC era would run fine, if not better than on the original console.

That Asus device would probably be overkill for emulation. You could get a Steam Deck for cheaper, but I don't know how much they cost in Canadian.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
While that device is more powerful than a Steam Deck, it is worth noting that the Steam Deck probably has a lot more support and aftermarket accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad