Useless Thread MDCCCLXIV - ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ¿ ? ? ! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ¿ ? ? ¿ ? ! ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
YouTube video

Yes it's short but..not only is that descending, chuggy riff that Mustaine plays in the intro here ominously sinister as f*** (as we both know), but man... bootleg audio recording or not...the tone Dave got out of his B.C. Rich Bich there is so f***ing menacing. :yo:

Ditto for Gar's snare/cymbals.:)

I'm curiously wondering if this was the Detroit gig where Chuck Behler first got hired as Gar's drum-tech, as Chuck mentioned here....

@TheGreenTBer

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Why are so many people out there? Do all of these men not know who their father is?

In storyline, we know Paul Bearer is Kane's father, why is he out there
The part of that bit that is truly funny is HHH's reaction to the announcement. It never fails to crack me up.

Also, Vince may be a dirtbag and stopped having a creative bone in his body at one point, but I think he was such a good heel character at times and I stand by that.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
My brain just now: “Man…that raw, dark, nasty tone of Mustaine’s “Rich Bich” when he plays that chugging, evil descending intro riff in that Detroit ‘87 rendition of “Mary Jane” sounds just like… “the buzzsaw revving of a thrash metal chainsaw that is running on speedballs and booze!!!”

@TheGreenTBer

#HighThoughts

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
The part of that bit that is truly funny is HHH's reaction to the announcement. It never fails to crack me up.

Also, Vince may be a dirtbag and stopped having a creative bone in his body at one point, but I think he was such a good heel character at times and I stand by that.

Yeah he was great because “Mr. McMahon” was essentially like…. the living embodiment of “the big rich boss every working American hates/the big-bucks shitheel boss every average American working schmuck either had at the moment (or had had in the past) and that they would love to absolutely shit-stomp.

Take that rich, corporate, asshat character…proceed to have him feud with, his plans repeatedly foiled by, and have him get physically f***ed up by his own employee…who happens to be the ass kickin’, beer-guzzlin’, bird-flippin’, Texas-fried, workin’-man, hillbilly hellraiser known as “Stone Cold Steve Austin”….and you my friend, have a recipe for success every week.

The Austin/McMahon feud was great to watch growing up.

Last edited:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Part of the dynamic that worked so well was that Vince could be such a despicable and awful character because Stone Cold was always there to whoop his ass.

He would occasionally get one over on Austin, but it wasn't a weekly occurrence and Austin was never made to look like a f***ing moron.

That's why the ending of Rock/Austin at Wrestlemania 17 is so stupid, Austin selling out and joining Vince is the antithesis of his entire character up to that point.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Part of the dynamic that worked so well was that Vince could be such a despicable and awful character because Stone Cold was always there to whoop his ass.

He would occasionally get one over on Austin, but it wasn't a weekly occurrence and Austin was never made to look like a f***ing moron.

That's why the ending of Rock/Austin at Wrestlemania 17 is so stupid, Austin selling out and joining Vince is the antithesis of his entire character up to that point.
I know you posted it before but that bit with Mic Foley blowing the kazoo in a bedridden Vince's face is one of the funniest things they've ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad