Useless Thread MDCCCIV: Carry on then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Olympics still might get cancelled

Toyota pulled out? The odds of this event happening are likely inversely proportionate to the number of sponsors who pull out. I am not a fan, but I certainly can feel for the athletes who have worked their entire life to this dream and fans like you.

What is your favourite event @Oogie Boogie ?

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Toyota pulled out? The odds of this event happening are likely inversely proportionate to the number of sponsors who pull out. I am not a fan, but I certainly can feel for the athletes who have worked their entire life to this dream and fans like you.

What is your favourite event @Oogie Boogie ?
I enjoy watching the Olympics in general. I'll watch just about anything really.
Handball, Badminton, Archery, Beach Volleyball, Regular Volleyball, Rugby, Sailing, Shooting, Skateboarding (Stoked for it to be there this year), Surfing, Water Polo.

I can just about watch whatever :laugh:

Reactions: Tarantula

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I enjoy watching the Olympics in general. I'll watch just about anything really.
Handball, Badminton, Archery, Beach Volleyball, Regular Volleyball, Rugby, Sailing, Shooting, Skateboarding (Stoked for it to be there this year), Surfing, Water Polo.

I can just about watch whatever :laugh:
But will you watch women's beach handball if the Norwegian team puts shorts on?

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
My back hurts too much to come into work and have to hear about this useless shithead coworker being the reason my schedule is going to f***ing blow for the next few months

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Still have not really come to terms with the idea of quitting this job and finding something else.

It's a union job, so I feel like it's highly unlikely I find something better in terms of pay and benefits. I don't to throw away 8 years of seniority by quitting, however, we have no idea if this facility will still be running in 5 years.

Damn, this is so stressful that it makes me just not want to think about it.

It's a decision that will affect the rest of my life and it's more than a little bit overwhelming.

Last edited:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
It's all just a big gamble based on what they're going to do with our facility.

I just loathe the idea of going somewhere else and then finding out 15 years later that I could have just kept my better paying and easier job.

Then again, I can easily see this facility being consolidated within 10 years, yet alone 20-30 years.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's all just a big gamble based on what they're going to do with our facility.

I just loathe the idea of going somewhere else and then finding out 15 years later that I could have just kept my better paying and easier job.

Then again, I can easily see this facility being consolidated within 10 years, yet alone 20-30 years.
Can't you just stay for now then leave if it shuts down in the future?

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Can't you just stay for now then leave if it shuts down in the future?

I want to stay, but I'm going to have to put up with a terrible schedule that is far more likely to get worse than improve in the near future.

I'm not going to quit without having another job lined up, but I still find it distressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad