Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

PlOOlAJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
I didn't think I would say that before the tournament, but still there is something in me that makes me root for Team Europe at least vs North American opponents.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
The US did get 35 shots though
It's not like they were outplayed or anything. It was just one of those games where nothing goes your way

Score effects contributed to the final shot total. Europe played well early to establish the lead by capitalizing one some major US gaffes that yielded numerous odd-man rushes. Once it was 3-0 Europe then played defensive shell hockey.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I had the feeling Team Europe's going to win, but didn't think it would be by a 3 goal margin.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is what happens when Torts is allowed to call the shots on everything. He's like an American version of Ken Hitchcock but without the nonstop [MOD] for the trap game.

Last edited by a moderator:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
That was a game played according to Kruger's rules.

The other coaches play chess. He plays Go.

His teams will most of the times have less shots than the adversary ... yet most of the shot of the opponent will not be dangerous.

Chess is about making as many checks as possible. (shots on goals)
Go is about occupying the territory actively or passively. (strategic place occupied)

Last edited:

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Well deserved win by Team Europe. Many wrote them off after their performance against North America, but they flipped a switch against Sweden and it carried over in this game.

Exactly! I think they gelled up during the offdays. Maybe they went partying and drank and sang old german and slavic drinking songs. :D I hope they win, just so we can hear about the dynamics in a documentary.

hitmen19

Jan 21, 2013
I didn't think I would say that before the tournament, but still there is something in me that makes me root for Team Europe at least vs North American opponents.

I think most people like underdog stories. Im NA and im cheering for them

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Lets give the EU team credit. The forwards were very good. Halak was perfect, Kopitar, tatar and Bellmare are a treat to watch. The forwards held onto the puck and made smart plays. The dee which took a beating from all of HF boards was great. Especially Chara who everyone pegged as not good enough for a midget girls team in South Africa.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Where's all the skill American Dmen when you need them

In the press box (Buf) or completely left off the roster (Shattenkirk, Faulk). The sooner USA Hockey can get away from idiots like Torts coaching this team and the idiots that built this team the better.

That was a game played according to Kruger's rules.

The other coaches play chess. He plays Go.

His teams will most of the times have less shots than the adversary ... yet most of the shot of the opponent will not be dangerous.

Chess is about making as many chess as possible. (shots on goals)
Go is about occupying the territory actively or passively. (strategic place occupied)

That's giving Torts too much credit. He's more likely playing Tic Tac Toe... and losing every time.

edit: as many chess as possible? What is this... I don't even.

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Tortorella shown to be the awful coach he is. Some of the US players had no right to be there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad