USA shenannigans - blame the coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
The Johnson and Mueller elbows, as well as other incidents, have suggested to some posters that the coach may not have a complete handle on his players, or that he may be condoning this behaviour. How much is the coach to blame?

As a side note, why is their coach always dressed for the martini bar when he's behind the bench? Talk about a lounge lizard. ;)

Chuck28

Jan 3, 2006
Haha, I agree...during the Norway game I thought he was security hired from a cheap club behind the bench.

Anyway, I don't think the problem is with the coach. During the shenanigans of at the end of the Russian game he kept all his hot heads on the bench. But I think that's precisely the problem; the team is filled with hot heads. McGuire tried to rationalize the events at the end of the Russian game by saying it was just because the Russians were doing some trash talking...but these guys are a step away from the pros...they're going to have to learn that taking someone's head off with an elbow because he chirped you is a Junior B move, not an NHL move.

Prof_it

Sep 2, 2004
Chuck28 said:
Anyway, I don't think the problem is with the coach. During the shenanigans of at the end of the Russian game he kept all his hot heads on the bench. But I think that's precisely the problem; the team is filled with hot heads.

I agree with you...but think that the players are more spoiled than hotheads. They've been put on a pedestal and believe they think they can do no wrong. To a certain extent, the failure to discipline them in the past, even in this tournament, has let them get away with the behavior.

The other point is that I wouldn't think so much if this was a situation where the gloves could be dropped. It will be interesting to see how many of these players play with the same chip on their shoulder with men.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Kaizer said:
Aha and they were somehow able to undertsand Russians :biglaugh: Did they ask Radulov to translate ?

Emelin: "Nu ty sovsem ohue... amer!". Radulov: "He is saying you are somewhat rude."

Later
Emelin: "Oj, izvenjajus!". Radulov: "**** off, **** redneck!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad