Gold Medal Game:
um.png
USA vs.
ca.png
Canada
Jan. 5 • 20:00 ET • 02:00 CET
Bell Centre — Montreal, Que.
TV: C More, Match, NHLN-US, RDS, TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5, TV12

Projected lineups will be added after they are published here.

um.png
USA

19 Clayton Keller - 18 Colin White - 13 Joey Anderson
23 Kieffer Bellows - 28 Jack Roslovic - 29 Tage Thompson
12 Jordan Greenway - 9 Luke Kunin - 17 Jeremy Bracco
14 Erik Foley - 10 Tanner Laczynski - 20 Troy Terry
11 Patrick Harper

3 Jack Ahcan - 25 Charlie McAvoy
4 Caleb Jones - 6 Casey Fitzgerald
2 Ryan Lindgren - 8 Adam Fox
33 Joe Cecconi

1 Tyler Parsons
31 Joseph Woll

ca.png
Canada

17 Tyson Jost - 19 Dylan Strome - 21 Blake Speers
11 Mathieu Joseph - 14 Mathew Barzal - 16 Taylor Raddysh
18 Pierre-Luc Dubois - 25 Nicolas Roy - 12 Julien Gauthier
9 Dillon Dube - 22 Anthony Cirelli - 27 Mitchell Stephens
20 Michael McLeod

5 Thomas Chabot - 10 Kale Clague
2 Jake Bean - 3 Noah Juulsen
15 Jeremy Lauzon - 8 Dante Fabbro

31 Carter Hart
1 Connor Ingram

TSN Game Page

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The USA might have the best team on paper in the tournament, but Canada has found some really good chemistry on a couple of lines and when they turn up the tempo, it's very hard to skate with them - as shown by their dominant win over Sweden.

Parsons is a pretty big obstacle, but I'll say Canada takes it 3-2.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
The USA might have the best team on paper in the tournament, but Canada has found some really good chemistry on a couple of lines and when they turn up the tempo, it's very hard to skate with them - as shown by their dominant win over Sweden.

As long as Hart doesn't have a meltdown, it should be a close game.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I'm not going to lie, I like Canada in this one despite the way the first meeting went. The US will certainly be up for the challenge though. It should be a close one. Its crazy to think that if Sweden defeats Russia for the bronze that the US will have the longest active medal streak.

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015

Uh no sorry. Canada has the best team on paper. Easy win for the North 8-1

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON

I don't understand this... how does the US have a better team on paper? Look at Team Canada's stat lines and draft positions. Superior top to bottom.

In terms of the on ice product, it's gonna be a hell of a game. I think we take it 4-3 though, we're not losing twice to the US in the same tourney.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If White and Kunin step up and shutdown Canada's top 2 lines then USA will win.

If Chabot plays like he did for Czech and Canada had stable goaltending, Canada will win.

If both things happen, we will go to overtime.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Uh no sorry. Canada has the best team on paper. Easy win for the North 8-1

I don't understand this... how does the US have a better team on paper? Look at Team Canada's stat lines and draft positions. Superior top to bottom.

In terms of the on ice product, it's gonna be a hell of a game. I think we take it 4-3 though, we're not losing twice to the US in the same tourney.

Disagree. Defense is a wash, but USA's top nine forward group is excellent.

Keller is better than any player on Canada. They have a near-PPG player in the AHL as their 3C.

Again, I still predict Canada will win, but the USA on paper certainly are stronger.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
If White and Kunin step up and shutdown Canada's top 2 lines then USA will win.

If Chabot plays like he did for Czech and Canada had stable goaltending, Canada will win.

If both things happen, we will go to overtime.

By top two lines, do you mean our third and fourth lines on paper, which have actually been the two best recently?

It is very tough to beat a top end team twice in the same tournament. USA did it this year with a squeaker by Russia. If they do it again tomorrow to Canada, it will be quite the statement on their performance this tournament.

Personally, I think if Canada plays with the pace and puck pursuit that they did today, and Hart plays as solidly, Canada should win this. They definitely did not play near this level earlier in the round robin games.

Fried Tree Sap

May 12, 2016
In the grand scheme of things I have a hard time seeing the U.S. beat both Russia and Canada twice in the same tournament, but in just this one game I can easily see it going either way.

Canada wins a close one, 11-9, with four empty net goals.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Going to be a great game. If Canada plays like they did tonight I think Canada will take it. Russia took the USA to the brink, and actually under the shootout rules of last year Russia would have won.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If Canada can play like they did vs Sweden and Hart plays well. Canada has a very good shot. IMO USA would be favored.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I think a lot of energy was put into this one. I'm afraid they won't come out as strong. Hart gives me more confidence now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad