GDT: USA – Slovakia

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia

"The U.S. owns a 4-2-1-4-1 (W-OTW-OTL-L-T) record in 12 tournament meetings against Slovakia. In 2019, the two teams opened tournament play in Kosice, Slovakia, where the host nation skated to a 4-1 victory. Today marks just the second-ever quarterfinal meeting between the U.S. and Slovakia. On May 11, 2000, Slovakia defeated the U.S. by a 4-1 and went on to reach the gold-medal game where they fell to the Czech Republic, 5-3." (Source: teamusa.usahockey.com)

Last edited:

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Quite an even record between the two.

Today's Slovakia lines are pretty much what all of us where calling for here on the boards, though I am not too happy with any fourth line combo, the options are all meh.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Excellent line combos today from Ramsay. Hopefully he runs the top 9 at heavier minutes and reserves 4th for energy shift and PK. Let’s go boys!!!

Last edited:

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Well, who didn't see the slovak special incoming? PK with 2 men down.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Beniers goes into the boards awkwardly. Can’t put any weight on his ankle... doesn’t look too good

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Rookie mistake by Nemec. Didn't realize there was a line change as he joined Studenic. Also not smart shot selection by Studenic. Instead of picking the corner should have tried to shoot for a rebound.
Edit , down 2 goals as expected.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Haha, Lantosi on the second goal was just a bystander. He does not belong on the first line.
Well, my prediction was wrong. I said they will be down 3 goals after the first 10 minutes. They held only 10 minutes longer "to achive" that. :laugh:

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
I hope Boyle is not going to finish this match healthy. That was ugly spearing.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Well, two of the goals were as a result of junior mistakes by Nemec, not that we showed much otherwise. Missed 5 minute major could have turned the game around, but oh well. Unless the Americans collapse somehow, I don't see Slovakia getting back in the game.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
They can’t break the puck out with any effectiveness and make stupid reverse passes that almost always lead to giveaways. I see the team hasn’t learned, because they’ve been plagued by that throughout the tournament

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Feel bad for Huska a bit Slovakian dmen have no answer for US speed entering the zone and down low cycle.

Total domination by USA. Garland is a handful. Way to go Captain Boyle. Laser beam of a shot. Great start so far USA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad