US kids in CHL next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I'm not certain Chris Bourque is going to the Q now. I seem to recall reading somewhere the Caps had signed him, although I'm not certain what that does for his plans for this year, if it moves him to the AHL or what.

Adam Pineault and Adam Blanchette both play for Moncton in the Q.

Pcity84

Apr 3, 2004
orangeandblack said:
what americans will be reporting to the chl next year? i know of a few, who else?

whl
thelen, mueller, dowzak, gionfriddo, bowman, sokol?

ohl
smyth, kelly, boll, smith

qmjhl
bourque

Dowzak will be playing in the USHL next year, not the CHL.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I believe Mike Cieslak will be playing for Erie in the OHL.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
ushr said he strongly considering it. odds are he will be in the q. he isnt cleared for maine, and his other choices are ushl and jr bruins. my moneys on moncton.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Garrett Peters will be playing with the Mooseheads this year...he is from the Boston Junior Bruins and should be a great two way threat.

Don't forget with the OHL Nick Patriceki should be playing there as well

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
moosefan said:
Garrett Peters will be playing with the Mooseheads this year...he is from the Boston Junior Bruins and should be a great two way threat.

Don't forget with the OHL Nick Patriceki should be playing there as well

im pretty sure hes goin to the ushl.

Pcommedanspablo

Jul 28, 2005
QC
For the QMJHL Jordan Lavallée, Max Gretchev, Andrew Andricopoulos, Joey Ryan and Todd Chinova should play for Québec. Yuri Cheremetiev and James Pouliot could make Halifax roster. Maybe Matt Nickerson could be back with Victoriaville if Dallas don't sign him.

Whawks33

Apr 1, 2002
Portland OR
Visit site
For the Winterhawks (WHL) alone you can add in: Brandon Dubinsky (AK), Michael Sauer(MN), Cameron Cepek (Calif) for sure.

Libor Gazdik (Calif), Zak Fundak (Wash), Austin Coldwell (Wash), Donnie Hallmark (Calif), Brett Kamalski (Calif), Colin Reddin (calif), Alexander Winnick (NV I think), Kjell Sherman (wash) and Kyle McMahon(Calif) have all been invited and confirmed for training camp.

Avery4Byng*

orangeandblack said:
dowzak is now going to kelowna. i know pinneault and blanchette are in the q, i meant new guys for this season.

Dowzak is now going? or not going????

John E. Ringo

Aug 18, 2003
Visit site
cagney said:
I believe Mike Cieslak will be playing for Erie in the OHL.

Cieslak was drafted by Sarnia.

Nick Palmieri (Northwood Prep) will suit up for the Otters this coming season.

Unless there is a trade, don't expect to see Nick Petrecki in the OHL this year.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
i know who has already played in the chl last season and the season(s) before. the point of this thread was to make notice of the americans that were drafted and are reporting, or guys that may have previously been drafted, but are just reporting for this coming season. so far.....

tysen dowzak
peter mueller
aj thelen
drayson bowman
josh gionfriddo
matt sokol?
matt smyth
jeremy smith
nick palmieri
vladimir nikiforov
dan kelly
jared boll
yuri cheremetiev
todd chinova
keith yandle?
garrett peters

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
John E. Ringo said:
Cieslak was drafted by Sarnia.

Nick Palmieri (Northwood Prep) will suit up for the Otters this coming season.

Whoops, I'm always mixing those two up as they're both from upstate New York. Cieslak is going to the NTDP.

espo*

orangeandblack said:
i know who has already played in the chl last season and the season(s) before. the point of this thread was to make notice of the americans that were drafted and are reporting, or guys that may have previously been drafted, but are just reporting for this coming season. so far.....

tysen dowzak
peter mueller
aj thelen
drayson bowman
josh gionfriddo
matt sokol?
matt smyth
jeremy smith
nick palmieri
vladimir nikiforov
dan kelly
jared boll
yuri cheremetiev
todd chinova
keith yandle?
garrett peters
Yuri Cheremetiev and Vladimir Nikorov..........i don't know them but they are American?

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
yea cherementiev recently recieved his citizenship, and im pretty sure considers himself american. im pretty sure nikiforov was born in new york city. his dad is an excellent coach, who has developed many players in the long island/nyc area. ive seen him play as far back as mites, and he was by far the most dominant youth hockey player ive ever seen, he did things at a young age that others couldnt comprehend. obviously kids have caught up to him and surpassed, but he will turn some heads in the ohl next year. hes small but very explosive, and he should put up alot of points next year.

espo*

orangeandblack said:
yea cherementiev recently recieved his citizenship, and im pretty sure considers himself american. im pretty sure nikiforov was born in new york city. his dad is an excellent coach, who has developed many players in the long island/nyc area. ive seen him play as far back as mites, and he was by far the most dominant youth hockey player ive ever seen, he did things at a young age that others couldnt comprehend. obviously kids have caught up to him and surpassed, but he will turn some heads in the ohl next year. hes small but very explosive, and he should put up alot of points next year.
Did his dad coach in Russia? He must have i suppose.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
yes he did, believe he played and coached. i could be wrong but he may have formerly been a skating coach for the new york islanders. he is credited with developing hockey and alot of top players in the long island area. last season he was coach of the year in the atlantic junior hockey league, where vladimir was the leading scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad