Player Discussion Urho Vaakanainen

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Was reading has #3/#4 potential but his floor is a solid bottom pairing. This is the depth we need. Not having Maura, Guhle, or Larsson being your next call up guys. He’s only 23 yo and still have plenty of time to develop. Be positive folks. Also got 2-2nd rounds and a 1st round for a pending UFA. It’s a good day

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Not a high end offensively and not physical or big to be tough to play against…. Sounds like a Larsson pre-injury to me. Best hope would be a Jokijaru/Lydman type at the very best.

Reactions: Kalv

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Low expectations like the Andersson throw in.

Vaakainen is a lot further along. Apparently was eating top 4 minutes for Boston prior to his most recent injury. He'll get that opportunity here right away, can pencil him in behind Cam on the left side.

Low chance he ever becomes anything too exciting, but he has the potential to become a solid contributor right away.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Not a high end offensively and not physical or big to be tough to play against…. Sounds like a Larsson pre-injury to me. Best hope would be a Jokijaru/Lydman type at the very best.
That sounds like Fowler.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Looking forward to watching them run Gibby into oblivion and seeing them get manhandled every shift. I guess Verbeek will see who has the mental fortitude as he hangs them out to dry for the final games. My guess Gibby goes out on IR pretty soon as he doesn’t have that fortitude…

Reactions: 405Entrance

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Vaakainen is a lot further along. Apparently was eating top 4 minutes for Boston prior to his most recent injury. He'll get that opportunity here right away, can pencil him in behind Cam on the left side.

Low chance he ever becomes anything too exciting, but he has the potential to become a solid contributor right away.
From what I heard at the time he wasn't exactly great at it.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He will be in the lineup in second or third pairing for sure. He's decent, way better than Mahura, Larsson and Guhle. A little better than Benoit but different type game.

Reactions: Fincat16

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Was reading has #3/#4 potential but his floor is a solid bottom pairing. This is the depth we need. Not having Maura, Guhle, or Larsson being your next call up guys. He’s only 23 yo and still have plenty of time to develop. Be positive folks. Also got 2-2nd rounds and a 1st round for a pending UFA. It’s a good day

Convince James Dolan that he needs to trade Schneider+1st for Rakell and I will be over the flipping moon.

Reactions: Leonardo87

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
A lot of people here a completely clueless about him and calling him AHL-player based on nothing. He was playing 20 minutes this season before his injury and doing well. He's just breaking into the league and showing some promising signs. Sucks that he got injured 'cos he was playing well. I get that some might find him vanilla 'cos he's not a big hitter or point producer. Vaakanainen is uses his stick and positioning well to defend and gives good first passes.

Here are two of his assists this season to show what I am talking about

Give him a chance before you judge him.

Last edited:

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
A lot of people here a completely clueless about him and calling him AHL-player based on nothing. He was playing 20 minutes this season before his injury and doing well. He's just breaking into the league and showing some promising signs. Sucks that he got injured 'cos he was playing well. I get that some might find him vanilla 'cos he's not a big hitter or point producer. Vaakanainen is uses his stick and positioning well to defend and gives good first passes.

Here a two of his assists this season to show what I am talking about

Give him a chance before you judge him.

I agree judging by peoples opinions I'm reading on here, he's underrated already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad