The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
giphy.gif

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wonder if this means he’s going to at least interview for the Browns job? At least he wouldn’t have to move far / be that far away from his family

Sep 19, 2008
Kind of reminds me of Barry Trotz. He was successful and then resigned. Then they promote a coach in waiting to take over. That, and the OU thing.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Wonder if this means he’s going to at least interview for the Browns job? At least he wouldn’t have to move far / be that far away from his family

With how sketchy Urban is and his tendency to umm..."look away"...the Bungles would be a great fit

But seriously some of us already saw this coming. Once the domestic abuse scandal hit, in this day and age, that was it for him and letting him stay the season was their compromise. Now get ready for the trials and tribulations stories that poor Urban has had to overcome for the next month.

The man is a scumbag and just needs to go away for good this time.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
With how sketchy Urban is and his tendency to umm..."look away"...the Bungles would be a great fit

But seriously some of us already saw this coming. Once the domestic abuse scandal hit, in this day and age, that was it for him and letting him stay the season was their compromise. Now get ready for the trials and tribulations stories that poor Urban has had to overcome for the next month.

The man is a ******* and just needs to go away for good this time.

I knew he was going to pull a Pete Carroll.

Sep 19, 2008
he's done coaching

Curious how long he can stay away. Last time it was one year. He did have headaches all season though. Sitting at home yellin' at the TV and taking care of the family isn't the same as being out there. There isn't the same rush. A few people like Stoops or so can handle being away from the limelight. But football runs in these people's bloods.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Wait until that Notre Dame job opens up.

The mental gymnastics from Notre Dame fans in justifying Meyer's rap sheet would be tremendous. But I can never see it from either side.

If you're a Notre Dame fan you have to be pretty happy. The program is all but clean and they've reached the playoff twice(counting BCS). Granted most would agree they are the worst team of the current four and that Georgia would probably beat them as well. But Notre Dame deserves to be there. A case can be made for UCF the past two years as well but we know the powers that be don't want to go down that road yet.

Outside any pro interest, Notre Dame should make it a priority to keep Kelly there for quite a while.

Reactions: Voight

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Why do bad things like brain cysts happen to the good guys but the bad guys like Saban NEVER have any personal adversities happen that may force them out? It's like Bobby Knight lasting at IU more than almost any Indiana state employee of his time period. When his greatness ended like 10 years before he was canned.

What has this guy done to deserve this gig though? Just handed it? I mean this is Ohio State, you could have almost any coach you want with your hands tied behind your back. Almost nobody had heard of this guy before August.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Funny he does have his sons in Cincinnati but I highly doubt hes interested or that theyd hire him. The Bengals owner likes ticking off the fanbase.

I think it's legit. When he quit Florida there was no notice, it was right after getting their asses kicked in the SEC Title game. The heart issue may have been legit but timing is everything. I don't think he ever wanted the Florida job really, he wanted Ohio State but when he got the Florida job Tressel was already dominating and established. He got out as soon as Tressel and Ohio State were screwed. He coached a meanningless year his first year and they went undefeated.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
They've probably known longer than the media or fans. Probably the first question asked on in-home visits. Don't think it will make that much of a difference.

Reactions: Voight

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Why do bad things like brain cysts happen to the good guys but the bad guys like Saban NEVER have any personal adversities happen that may force them out? It's like Bobby Knight lasting at IU more than almost any Indiana state employee of his time period. When his greatness ended like 10 years before he was canned.

What has this guy done to deserve this gig though? Just handed it? I mean this is Ohio State, you could have almost any coach you want with your hands tied behind your back. Almost nobody had heard of this guy before August.

You mean you didn't know who Ryan Day was.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad