Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well he’s not out for the season which is good, but let’s hope the day-to-day assessment isn’t a deliberate attempt to mislead, and he’ll be “day to day”while the POs start without him.

I still think we won’t see Brass until the POs, or maybe the last RS game if he’s ready and they want to get him some action....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well he’s not out for the season which is good, but let’s hope the day-to-day assessment isn’t a deliberate attempt to mislead, and he’ll be “day to day”while the POs start without him.

I still think we won’t see Brass until the POs, or maybe the last RS game if he’s ready and they want to get him some action....

Nawww, post season isn't even until around April 11. 2 weeks is more than enough time. We all know they can linger.
Hope it's not too bad.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Dammit. :laugh: One i didn't want to be right about.

The problem is - that is going to be an on/off issue all playoffs until he rests.

Probably going to have to take injections, with the risk of making it worse. I had a “mild” groin injury from running and it took a year to heal properly. I felt it every time I stood up from the couch....

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

The problem is - that is going to be an on/off issue all playoffs until he rests.

I never hear of hamstring injuries like I do in Aussie Rules football (and from experience). Is that just because of the mechanics of skating vs running? Obviously hockey players don’t swing their legs up too. Just thought it was weird I don’t actually remember hearing of a hamstring injury in hockey.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Brassard gets an injury within weeks of becoming Penguin after being healthy all year and playing in 81, 80, 80, and 81 games the previous 4 seasons.

Because of course he would.
If the only hadn't desecrated whatever holy land CEC was built on....um i mean the paint can.... or mellon... or the civic arena... whatever

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I never hear of hamstring injuries like I do in Aussie Rules football (and from experience). Is that just because of the mechanics of skating vs running? Obviously hockey players don’t swing their legs up too. Just thought it was weird I don’t actually remember hearing of a hamstring injury in hockey.

Ovechkin and Wideman come to mind, so they do happen. I just think they're not as widely publicized, and certainly rarer than knee or shoulder injuries.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Perfect time to sit him for the remainder of the regular season (~1.5 weeks) and hope that that's enough. Wouldn't surprise me if he misses a PO game or two depending on how we're playing and how he's feeling.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Penguins are a better team with Sheahan has 3c.

It's insane, but it's true.

Brassard needs to play 4c. Call it what you want, but Sheahan needs to play 16 minutes again or more. Brassard can play the same.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Penguins are a better team with Sheahan has 3c.

It's insane, but it's true.

Brassard needs to play 4c. Call it what you want, but Sheahan needs to play 16 minutes again or more. Brassard can play the same.

No...... just no. Now if you said both Sheary and Kessel shouldn't be on the same line because of their perimeter play I'd agree with you. But never has the sun risen on a day where Sheahan is a better option at 3rd line center than Brassard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad