Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I honestly don't think Sullivan is THAT dumb. Well, I hope not! I'd imagine he's bump Kuhn to the 3rd line, 4th likely to be Jooris - Sheahan - Rowney.

Hopefully Rust isn't long term and ZAR is back within a week or two. The latter seems unlikely, though.

Ew, that might be worse. Kuhnhackl will f*** L3 and Rowney will do L4.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Ew, that might be worse. Kuhnhackl will **** L3 and Rowney will do L4.

Something to be said for keeping the plugs together. I mean Kuhn might do an OK job on the third line but only if Brassad and Kessel are dominating.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Something to be said for keeping the plugs together. I mean Kuhn might do an OK job on the third line but only if Brassad and Kessel are dominating.

Keep them together and barely play them unless it’s a blowout. Kuhnhackl won’t do an okay job on L3 even with them going and he won’t help those two get going.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
so we don't even recall sprong for an emergency when 2 wingers go down. fantastic! we shall call this the Ian Cole treatment...

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Again, as many have said, you people need to realize that Sprong is not getting called up. We might not like it, but it's how it is.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
so we don't even recall sprong for an emergency when 2 wingers go down. fantastic! we shall call this the Ian Cole treatment...

We could only call up one player. Jooris has yet to play a game for us. Might as well find out now (than later) what he can do.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
We could only call up one player. Jooris has yet to play a game for us. Might as well find out now (than later) what he can do.

Also, there are different rules for an emergency recall vs. a normal call up at this point in the year. Sprong coming up might count as a non-emergency recall since he wouldn't be slotted into that 4th line (or at least we hope he wouldn't).

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Also, there are different rules for an emergency recall vs. a normal call up at this point in the year. Sprong coming up might count as a non-emergency recall since he wouldn't be slotted into that 4th line (or at least we hope he wouldn't).
don't know for sure.....but I think they wanted to see what jooris brings....they already know sprong. and then once the playoffs start they will be able to play the guy's they think will help the most.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
don't know for sure.....but I think they wanted to see what jooris brings....they already know sprong. and then once the playoffs start they will be able to play the guy's they think will help the most.

Also quite possible. I just thought it was worth pointing out that Jooris is an "emergency" recall, whereas the others were not.

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Again, as many have said, you people need to realize that Sprong is not getting called up. We might not like it, but it's how it is.
I don't see him playing for us come next season, he will be traded in a package when JR goes big game hunting on D.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
they can do 2 emergency callups to replace 2 injured players. but they chose to do 1, jooris. Also I'm like 99% sure that you don't have to play the callup on the same line as the person who got injured. It's simply a forward for a forward, defensemen for defensemen sorta thing.
I'm really curious if there is anyone here that has some experience playing/coaching at a decent level if you buy the "Sprong needs to work on subtle nuances of his offense in the AHL" spiel we were given by pens coaching staff. I posted before on it, but I just don't buy it. This *really* smells of something off the ice keeping him off the big club.

I still dunno if they can retroactively make the Jarry callup an emergency callup or if they just don't wanna do that as he would have to go back down as soon as Murray was back. Well at least Sully benched Hunwick finally.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
they can do 2 emergency callups to replace 2 injured players. but they chose to do 1, jooris. Also I'm like 99% sure that you don't have to play the callup on the same line as the person who got injured. It's simply a forward for a forward, defensemen for defensemen sorta thing.
I'm really curious if there is anyone here that has some experience playing/coaching at a decent level if you buy the "Sprong needs to work on subtle nuances of his offense in the AHL" spiel we were given by pens coaching staff. I posted before on it, but I just don't buy it. This *really* smells of something off the ice keeping him off the big club.

I still dunno if they can retroactively make the Jarry callup an emergency callup or if they just don't wanna do that as he would have to go back down as soon as Murray was back. Well at least Sully benched Hunwick finally.

We have Rowney as a healthy forward on the roster so I doubt they could call up two. Emergency call ups are for when you can’t fill your roster with healthy players.

Reactions: Sideline

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
How many concussions is this for Rust? He has been with the Pens for 3 seasons and this is number 3/4?

Poor kid.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I do not like our chances if Rust is out long term. If he is, he has to be replaced by Sprong..not plugs.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Let's hope Murr taking shots is a sign he could be back for one of these weekend b2b games...these are probably the two toughest opponents we have b2b for the remainder of the season...

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
if it was something that they feel they can't fix.....he'd be gone already. imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad