Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I can't wait for Kuhn-Rowney-Reaves again!!

If Rust is there instead of Reaves that line might hold up for a while but they’d have to call up Sprong for L1 or if Guentzel goes there, ZAR for L3.

KRR(eaves) though

Fv1v9eK.gif

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Even if I am principally in the "Rust with Geno" camp, it would have been interesting in this situation to move Horny up with Sid and play Sprong with Geno and Hags. But I suppose a home game against the Caps might not be the occasion to chase ideal scenarios.

However - IF Sid and Geno can each carry one rookie, then the rest of the wingers fall in place pretty neatly.

I don't like the idea of Rust on Sid's wing much, as for the majority I don't think it has looked good. Sid might execute too quickly/too instinctively for Rusty. They can fly, but if the opponent plays structured, they usually suffer.
I'd much rather put Guentzel back up there and see if he catches fire again with a reborn Sid. Guentzel actually looked real good in the earliest goings this season, but fell off quickly. Had something to do with Sid being baaad Sid also though, which I think has been underappreciated.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Interesting that he won't even make the trip, not that it's completely unexpected though. Gotta call up a forward, yes?

Oh look, Sprong had 2 assists tonight..

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Wouldn't mind seeing Reese up to check him out. But probably Sprong. Pens need to trade Hunwick maybe some team is desperate for a D man. Need some cap space for a deadline deal. Unless GMJR can bring in a quality center, better off doing that in the off season.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Nooooooo! That won’t stop him. ;)

Hopefully TIOPS are just saying that as click bait
They said the impact was in the femur region amd he’s having an MRI tomorrow but there is some concern in the organization per a source close to the situation. The 4-6 mos. is what I found when searching broken femurs.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
They said the impact was in the femur region amd he’s having an MRI tomorrow but there is some concern in the organization per a source close to the situation. The 4-6 mos. is what I found when searching broken femurs.

He’d pretty much have an MRI if it was sore no matter what. We’ll see how it plays out.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
I'm no doctor but if hes getting an MRI isnt that for muscle and tissue, not bone? Last time I checked, an X-Ray is to check bone? :dunno:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

If he broke his femur he would have been carted off the ice. No way you skate with that injury and the pain is intense.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I'm no doctor but if hes getting an MRI isnt that for muscle and tissue, not bone? Last time I checked, an X-Ray is to check bone? :dunno:

It can pick up fractures. It will pick up stress fractures before an x Ray will.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
What is it with that clown Orpik and injuring our stars?? First Crosby with that slapshot a few years back and now Horny...

Yet when he was a Penguin did Orpik ever eliminate star competition to swing things in our favour?? Nope. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad