Confirmed with Link: Updated: Jets do NOT qualify Spacek

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Awesome to see. Very cerebral player. Reminds of what Burmistrov used to be like, without the giveaways and flutter shot. Interested in continuing to watch his development!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Signed for less than Harkins it appears. Although Harkins cap hit is only $767.5K.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Always liked him, was a very nice find buried in the Czech league. His rate of progress in the dub has been very impressive

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Saw a bit of him this year as I'm a rebels fan and I liked him, also thought he was pretty good with the Czechs at the jrs. Not sure he's a top 6 type though. Good guy to have in the organization though

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Cool beans.

Does he have top 6 potential?

Not really seeing that kind of potential in Spacek. He's smart and has great vision, but doesn't have a skill set that really wows you even at the WHL level.

I see his NHL upside more as a defensively sound forward who can play a top 6 role in a pinch. If he even makes it, that is.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Cool beans.

Not really seeing that kind of potential in Spacek. He's smart and has great vision, but doesn't have a skill set that really wows you even at the WHL level.

I see his NHL upside more as a defensively sound forward who can play a top 6 role in a pinch. If he even makes it, that is.

Maybe he'll make people forget The Czech That Got Away. ;)

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Cool beans.

his style is similar to Perrault?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Great news!!!

Chevy is 3 for 4 so far on entry level deals. Poolman, Niku and now Spacek. Just need to get Genarro signed and he gets an A+ in that regard. The Moose are going to be young but much more skilled now.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
this sort of eliminates the complaint that the Jets are cheaping out of the # of players they can have under contract.

Genarro or bust

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Don't really see any similarities.

Thinking more like Marcus Kruger as a ceiling comparable.

I think that is closer to Harkins. He's more of a defence first forward. Spacek has more pure speed and skill. Perreault is probably a closer comparison than Kruger.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
I think that is closer to Harkins. He's more of a defence first forward. Spacek has more pure speed and skill. Perreault is probably a closer comparison than Kruger.

Perreault was a prolific junior scorer, though. I just can't see Spacek becoming much of a point producer at the NHL level, although he does have great hands.

IMO he's going to have an NHL career based on his smarts and defensive play, not his speed/skill combo.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA

A welcome addition to the Moose. Well done Chevy! And I agree seems more like Perreault.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Perreault was a prolific junior scorer, though. I just can't see Spacek becoming much of a point producer at the NHL level, although he does have great hands.

IMO he's going to have an NHL career based on his smarts and defensive play, not his speed/skill combo.

I tend to agree. Roslovic was much more dynamic in development camp. Even Foley played at a higher pace. I like Spacek's skills, but he'll need to fight past players like De Leo and Petan to get a chance.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I tend to agree. Roslovic was much more dynamic in development camp. Even Foley played at a higher pace. I like Spacek's skills, but he'll need to fight past players like De Leo and Petan to get a chance.

He's got both of them lapped in pure skating ability IMO. He's not on Roslovics level yet but he's closer to that than he is to a pure defensive forward.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I think he has more top 6 upside than a guy like Kruger though. Perreault is probably not an accurate comparison either to be fair. Spacek scored at a 104 point pace in the WHL this season and only played his first season on NA ice last year. He's still a really dynamic player and has solid skating abilities. His vision and offensive abilities shouldn't be understated as I think he'll get by on those moreso than his defensive abilites. He such a tenacious forechecker.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
His draft and draft+2 numbers exceeded Michael Frolik. That is not to say that he will be as good as good as Frolik but personally I have high hopes for him and want to see him play in atleast a middle-6 role on the Jets at some point.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think he has more top 6 upside than a guy like Kruger though. Perreault is probably not an accurate comparison either to be fair. Spacek scored at a 104 point pace in the WHL this season and only played his first season on NA ice last year. He's still a really dynamic player and has solid skating abilities. His vision and offensive abilities shouldn't be understated as I think he'll get by on those moreso than his defensive abilites. He such a tenacious forechecker.

He to me is an ideal complimentary winger in the top 9 when this team starts to run into cap problems. He's quick and smart enough to keep up with elite talent. He also has the hands, vision and planning to play well with skilled players. Think of how Cope was used with Scheifele and Wheeler last year, I think Spacek as many of the same elements in his game but is much better with the puck and will be able to move the puck better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad