Confirmed with Link: Updated: Devils SIGN Brunner (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hope Jagr is alright and ready to go soon. If Brunner makes the team (I think he will) and Jagr is healed up, we have some damn good depth on forward. With some contributions from everybody, we could be as good as we were in (Regular season) 11-12. At least from a goal scored point.

It also provides us with some help if someone does go down with injury.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I wonder if this offer had been on the table for awhile but Brunner was just holding out for a contract offer from somebody. Probably not a coincidence that Tim Thomas agreed to a PTO with Florida with camps really starting now.
From the latest TG tweet, it sounds like you nailed it. I'm honestly surprised.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m
Lamoriello said he talked to Burnner's camp over summer. Offered him tryout if he didn't sign in Switzerland.

Yepp, it was true

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Lamoriello said "no promises" to Brunner. They'll see how he looks and where he fits.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I'm amazed he got no interest and had to settle for a PTO. Figured someone would offer an actual contract

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Deb Kaufman Placey ‏@DebPlacey 3m

#NJDEVILS Damien Brunner has landed. Lou Lamoriello "nothing to do with what we had in camp- but it may encourage others to work harder"

so not Jagr related

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Well... sounds like a favor to Brunner.

Um... I think he'll get cut. We'll see.

On a team that's going to need offense anywhere they can get it, I don't see him getting cut unless he REALLY stinks up the joint in camp/preseason or Tedenby plays like a hall of famer. I guess Olesz' spot isn't as much of a lock as I thought. I don't know, this whole thing is strange.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
On a team that's going to need offense anywhere they can get it, I don't see him getting cut unless he REALLY stinks up the joint in camp/preseason or Tedenby plays like a hall of famer. I guess Olesz' spot isn't as much of a lock as I thought. I don't know, this whole thing is strange.
We've gone from having too many top-4 defensemen to having too many third line forwards.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I look at what we have in camp and this makes no sense.

And I agree.

My original thoughts on this are:

1) Jagr is out longer than they expected or might be out and they don't know the timeframe.

2) Competition in camp and someone like Tedenby could be traded if Brunner outplays him in camp

3) Brunners gonna get cut regardless

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
NHLDevilsPR ‏@NHLDevilsPR 1m
Lamoriello on Brunner: "He's a natural scorer. He's scored throughout his whole career and he's a very skillful player." #NJDevils #NHL

Lou wants goals!!!

I mean IDK either. It could be Jagr is more hurt then they have let on, but I am not getting that impression. Seems more Lou was playing footsie with Brunner's camp all summer, but his demands must of been to high.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
DeBoer seemed high on Boucher, so if he has a good camp I can't see us keeping Brunner, unless Brunner looks really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad