Confirmed with Link: Updated: Devils SIGN Brunner (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Nose needs to stop taking those penalties, but I'm pretty impressed.

This offseason without a doubt proves that Lou does not believe in rebuilding, if it was ever a question at all.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
The Nose needs to stop taking those penalties, but I'm pretty impressed.

This offseason without a doubt proves that Lou does not believe in rebuilding, if it was ever a question at all.

Ryder and Brunner will probably take there fair share of lazy penalties this year since there backchecking is pretty subpar. As long as there scoring, all will be forgiven.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Ryder and Brunner will probably take there fair share of lazy penalties this year since there backchecking is pretty subpar. As long as there scoring, all will be forgiven.

Given Brunner's speed and the easy correct of the penalties we saw from him last night, I think he cleans up that part of his game.

Prob a good thing he got 2 of the exact same penalties last night. Coaches saw it, and know to address it.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
This team looks like Lou again, now that the Ilya Kovalchuk tryout is over. Though it taught lou that there are other ways to have success. 2 goals away from 4th cup.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

great great point as usual.

be sure to copy and save that text next time Mainboard Mark makes the thread 'should the devils rebuild' if, god forbid, we dont get past the first round

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Soooooo happy that we won't have to try the Tedenby experiment one more time in favour of a "proven" player.

The last piece of the puzzle is for Lou to waive #28 and this offseason will turn out to be nothing short of a A+.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
I can't see Lou keeping Barch over any skilled forward and I honestly believe he will be traded to Edmonton. They are dying for an enforcer.

Send Gio to Albany and we've got our 14.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I can't see Lou keeping Barch over any skilled forward and I honestly believe he will be traded to Edmonton. They are dying for an enforcer.

if Lou takes anything less than Taylor Hall ill be pissed

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think best place for Ted's at the moment is AHL. Though I don't want to risk putting him through waivers. If he does stay with the big club I just hope that we see him get some game play at least every 4th game or so. Not in the least bit adverse to trading him.

But If the plan is to not give him NHL playing time, and there is no worthwhile trades out there, then u have to cross your fingers and see if u can stick him back in Albany.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Tedenby is still probably going to make the team. I can't see them waiving him.

Making the team is one thing, it's the playing part I don't see happening anytime soon, especially with all the depth we have ATM.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
if Lou takes anything less than Taylor Hall ill be pissed

Barch, Tedenby, Volchenkov and Salvador for Hall, Eberle, Yak and Edmonton's 2014 First round pick?

BRILLIANT!

Allow me into the machine that will send me to the alternate universe that makes such a deal possible.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Making the team is one thing, it's the playing part I don't see happening anytime soon, especially with all the depth we have ATM.

There will be rotation. Especially in the early part of the season.

The starting line-up/roster will not be the same come March.

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
What I'd like to see:

Elias-Zajac-Brunner
Clowe-Henrique-Ryder
Zubrus-Loktionov-Jagr
Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Rotate Josefson and Gio in for Loktionov, Olesz and Carter.

Waive Teddy and Barch.

Unfortunately I fully expect Barch to get that 14th forward slot in place of a player with actual value so Gio's days may be numbered. I think Tedenby clears waivers but Gio gets claimed.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Barch, Tedenby, Volchenkov and Salvador for Hall, Eberle, Yak and Edmonton's 2014 First round pick?

BRILLIANT!

Allow me into the machine that will send me to the alternate universe that makes such a deal possible.

terrible proposal. needs RNH to make it go through

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

There will be rotation. Especially in the early part of the season.

The starting line-up/roster will not be the same come March.

Rotation, injuries, etc.

I'm just saying that having Brunner won't force DeBoer's hand by playing guys who aren't ready for a full time job, come opening night.

Last year was a solid example of that.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Are they that desperate?

I think sending Gionta down makes the most sense, but DeBoer still seems to love him and says he has a spot. I don't get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad