OT: Update on Mom/my status...

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
As some of you know, I've been dealing with some serious life issues since September.
Sadly, this past weekend my mom passed away from a difficult battle with cancer.

I did not want to make a thread for myself, but two reasons why... One mainly :

1. First off, I can't thank well wishers enough through these tough times. One in particular who made a generous donation. An individual who's never met me on HF Boards made a beyond generous donation to my mother's fundraiser. Strangers and people I've met with cancer have helped me more than I could ever imagine in a nightmare scenario such as this one

2. I've been off and on from writing for the The Rat Trick. What I ask of anyone who reads this is check out the site, like their articles on Twitter from the Rat Trick and read the odd article that personally interests you. Danny and staff have been so kind to me during this time. That's my way of giving back to them in a small way by promoting them here in this thread.

Hopefully I'll be back one day with them writing articles again, but I have so much on my plate right now managing all my mother's dealings along with the stessors of early-type death.

Thanks HF posters. I'm still lurking :) Lets go Panthers ! Push for that playoff spot!

Kirby L
@KJ_Lups on Twitter

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sorry for your loss Kirby. Even though most of us will never meet, we are here if you need to get things off your mind. Take some time with your family to celebrate and share the great memories you have of her. The playoffs will be waiting for you when you come back and we will be too.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Call your parents, folks. Frequently.

Sorry for your loss, CPF. I know it's strange to hear but we've both been on this forum for a long, long time so hearing this kind of thing actually strikes a chord more than you might imagine. Best regards to you and your family.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Relay For Life

I've almost met my personal goal on fundraising. Any little bit helps meet that goal. With no funeral services, this is one of the two events this spring /summer we are celebrating my moms life.

$25 donations today enter my name in a draw that ends today.

I think about this board often, and the ones I don't interact with on Twitter are in my thoughts often. Hopefully life stops spinning after the summer when the new season hits. Thanks everyone.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
As some of you know, I've been dealing with some serious life issues since September.
Sadly, this past weekend my mom passed away from a difficult battle with cancer.

I did not want to make a thread for myself, but two reasons why... One mainly :

1. First off, I can't thank well wishers enough through these tough times. One in particular who made a generous donation. An individual who's never met me on HF Boards made a beyond generous donation to my mother's fundraiser. Strangers and people I've met with cancer have helped me more than I could ever imagine in a nightmare scenario such as this one

2. I've been off and on from writing for the The Rat Trick. What I ask of anyone who reads this is check out the site, like their articles on Twitter from the Rat Trick and read the odd article that personally interests you. Danny and staff have been so kind to me during this time. That's my way of giving back to them in a small way by promoting them here in this thread.

Hopefully I'll be back one day with them writing articles again, but I have so much on my plate right now managing all my mother's dealings along with the stessors of early-type death.

Thanks HF posters. I'm still lurking :) Lets go Panthers ! Push for that playoff spot!

Kirby L
@KJ_Lups on Twitter
I'm embarassed to say I've missed anything previously mentioned.
Brother, you're one of the group of folks here that I hold dear to my heart. Arguments and disagreements over stupid f***ing things never change that, as you and the rest of the Panthers Board regulars are not only obviously on the same side but we're here, if even some reduced to sporadically. Much sincere love and respect Kirby, my heart hurts for ya dude. Man what an unbelieveably shit week.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad