Upcoming game with Kings, Feb. 18th

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Our last game against the Kings was a very physical game. There were lots of board battles. Two of our player (both Swedes, if that makes any difference) were injured in the game on January 9, 2016.

Jaskin had some heavy-duty board battles with Doughty. Lucic was a menacing figure throughout the game. Quick was a bad sport after Brouwer won the shootout, breaking his stick to show how little respect he had for Brouwer.

I'm assuming that we will play our big boy lineup, with Reaves, Jaskin and Bortuzzo in the lineup, and all the Swedes not named Steen will sit out.

In my old time hockey dreams, Jacob Doty comes up and busts some heads, and Reaves pounds Lucic. Someone pulls down Quick's pants.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Our last game against the Kings was a very physical game. There were lots of board battles. Two of our player (both Swedes, if that makes any difference) were injured in the game on January 9, 2016.

Jaskin had some heavy-duty board battles with Doughty. Lucic was a menacing figure throughout the game. Quick was a bad sport after Brouwer won the shootout, breaking his stick to show how little respect he had for Brouwer.

I'm assuming that we will play our big boy lineup, with Reaves, Jaskin and Bortuzzo in the lineup, and all the Swedes not named Steen will sit out.

In my old time hockey dreams, Jacob Doty comes up and busts some heads, and Reaves pounds Lucic. Someone pulls down Quick's pants.

:shakehead Don't be ridiculous.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Elliott did the same thing at the end of a game recently. Its just a tantrum, and Quick does it a lot (at least when the Kings lose). Its like guys throwing their golf clubs.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
:shakehead Don't be ridiculous.

My impression was that Quick was making a statement. The statement is - "you aren't good enough to score on me: so I'm mad at myself for letting you score." Like the BS statements Mohammed Ali would make - "He would apologize if he ever dreamed that he could beat me."

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Which part is ridiculous?

I'm guessing the part he underlined ;) Edit: nm you figured it out haha

LGB! In Hitch speech tonight is a good measure of "where our team is" and stuff but I'm just looking forward to a good game.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
My impression was that Quick was making a statement. The statement is - you aren't good enough to score on me: so I'm mad at myself for letting you score.

Goalies do this all the time, they don't like losing. It's not a personal slight to the player who scored

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
My impression was that Quick was making a statement. The statement is - you aren't good enough to score on me: so I'm mad at myself for letting you score.

"UGH! I can't believe this guy who has scored 20 goals (+/-3) the last six seasons just scored another one!! When will this lucky streak end for him!!?!?11/1/"

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Goalies do this all the time, they don't like losing. It's not a personal slight to the player who scored

I don't remember seeing this behavior before. You are sure it happens all the time?

I don't like the Kings for a lot of reasons, but to me, Quick and Doughty seem to be exceptionally arrogant. The both of them are star players, but not all stars are arrogant. Take Tarasenko as an example.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I don't remember seeing this behavior before. You are sure it happens all the time?

I don't like the Kings for a lot of reasons, but to me, Quick and Doughty seem to be exceptionally arrogant. The both of them are star players, but not all stars are arrogant. Take Tarasenko as an example.

Dude..... yes

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
"UGH! I can't believe this guy who has scored 20 goals (+/-3) the last six seasons just scored another one!! When will this lucky streak end for him!!?!?11/1/"

"A twenty goal scorer? He's nothing" says Quick's conduct.

I guess you don't want to see Quick have his pants pulled down. Someone posted above that he is injured and out. He might still be in the press box for the game on Thursday night. Maybe Angela Sharpe could set it so Louie pulls down his pants in the pressbox, and she gets it on camera for the jumbotron.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Yes it happens a lot. Take a look at any goalie. Pay close attention to Tuukka Rask when he loses, particularly on something controversial. May want to suck though because a water bottle crate and/or stick is likely to come flying at you.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Yes it happens a lot. Take a look at any goalie. Pay close attention to Tuukka Rask when he loses, particularly on something controversial. May want to suck though because a water bottle crate and/or stick is likely to come flying at you.

What do Rask and Quick have in common? They are both arrogant jerks.

I expect goalies to be highly competitive guys. They would probably even prefer to win rather than lose. But when you get beat by a guy, you ought to give the goal scorer the hockey equivalent of a tip of the cap. Not a tantrum.

Look, I'm not saying that Quick should be put in front of a firing squad. Just have his pants pulled down.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
What do Rask and Quick have in common? They are both arrogant jerks.

I expect goalies to be highly competitive guys. They would probably even prefer to win rather than lose. But when you get beat by a guy, you ought to give the goal scorer the hockey equivalent of a tip of the cap. Not a tantrum.

Look, I'm not saying that Quick should be put in front of a firing squad. Just have his pants pulled down.

You are reading entirely too much into this. Goalies on the whole, tend to be the most competitive players on the entire team. They hate losing, especially in a one on one situation. Sometimes the emotions get the best of them because...shockingly...they aren't happy about losing. It has nothing to do with showing up the other player.

Every goalie has the attitude that they are better than the opponent, because they have to. If you don't have the confidence that you can beat the other guy, you've already lost. You're basically making a mountain out of a mole hill here. It's ridiculous to expect a goalie to essentially walk up to the guy and be like "good job on beating me."

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
"A twenty goal scorer? He's nothing" says Quick's conduct.

I guess you don't want to see Quick have his pants pulled down. Someone posted above that he is injured and out. He might still be in the press box for the game on Thursday night. Maybe Angela Sharpe could set it so Louie pulls down his pants in the pressbox, and she gets it on camera for the jumbotron.

See, this betrays the fact that you think 20 goals is "nothing". Which is ridiculous. Last year, scoring 20 goals put you in the top 17% of all forwards.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL

Elliott did the exact same thing last week against the Jets, I guess he's an arrogant jerk

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Goalies and especially Quick are very competitive and a lot of times they feel the entire game is riding on them. I would assume even more so in a shootout so when they lose they're angry and feel like they personally let the team down. It has nothing to do with thinking the other player isn't good enough to score on them.

Also I like it when a goalie shows emotion and passion about things. Not how Rask does it though, that dude does it all the damn time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad