OT: "Unite a City"

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 2m2 minutes ago
One of the new slogans in #leafs dressing room? "Unite a city."

David Alter ‏@dalter 1m1 minute ago
#leafs new message in the dressing room: Blue Noise, If you are not in the way, sacrifice for each other, succeed together, unite a city.

Kyle Doobas*

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 2m2 minutes ago
One of the new slogans in #leafs dressing room? "Unite a city."

David Alter ‏@dalter 1m1 minute ago
#leafs new message in the dressing room: Blue Noise, If you are not in the way, sacrifice for each other, succeed together, unite a city.
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Slogans in Leafs dressing room this year: a) Blue noise. b) If you are not in you're in the way. c) Unite a city.

Just to clarify. ;)

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
blue noise?
what's blue noise?

well according to wiki this is what it means

Blue noise's power density increases 3 dB per octave with increasing frequency (density proportional to f ) over a finite frequency range.

maybe randy is preaching they have to be like blue noise and have their power increased by 3dB against opponents. :dunno:

:laugh:

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
well according to wiki this is what it means

maybe the randy is preaching they have to be like blue noise and have their power increased by 3dB against opponents. :dunno:

:laugh:

:biglaugh:

i think maybe they mean cut out all the crap from media and fans?

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Just drop the slogans and Bieber music in the locker room.

Crank Metallica and Iron Maiden in the dressing room pre-game, and have the team skate out to Creeping Death or The Trooper.

For some reason that would pump me up a lot more than Justin Bieber...

Drake is also terrible, so keep him away from the Blue and White.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
i think maybe they mean cut out all the crap from media and fans?
Bingo

I imagine it's a reference to the white noise.. Randy's talked about the white noise around the team quite often

In Kessel's interview he mentioned how great Toronto is and how the city gave you chills during the playoffs in 2012. I'm guessing that's the kind of feeling/atmosphere they want to bring back.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Bingo

I imagine it's a reference to the white noise.. Randy's talked about the white noise around the team quite often

In Kessel's interview he mentioned how great Toronto is and how the city gave you chills during the playoffs in 2012. I'm guessing that's the kind of feeling/atmosphere they want to bring back.

i can see that; - play well and bring the blue noise, ignore the white. unite the city and get the eff out if you can't do it.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I would've preferred Nation over City

Nah, that's a bit too arrogant. Uniting a nation? Many people look past the likely colloquial Leafs Nation reference will just assume they're pushing themselves as "Canada's team", which we are most definitely not.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I guess this was outa the question

Attachments

• keep-on-truckin-sticker-8.jpg
    keep-on-truckin-sticker-8.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 6

Kessley Snipes*

Crank Metallica and Iron Maiden in the dressing room pre-game, and have the team skate out to Creeping Death or The Trooper.

It's almost like different people have different tastes than you. Crazy!

Kessley Snipes*

If Drake and Bieber pump up the team better than a metal band mouth-breathers worship, then more power to DJ Tyler Bozak.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Kind of a convoluted slogan.

In keeping, how about..." ( This is Toronto and like the once young faces looking down on you, you are Toronto Maple Leafs. Unlike them, you are paid unjustified salaries to play a child's game, but you are not children and your occupation is no mere pastime. Your sole focus is winning. Not ping pong. Not your endorsements. And not the new suit you walked in wearing. It is your privilege to bleed and suffer injury in the uncompromising pursuit of The Stanley Cup. Do whatever it takes to take back the prize others bled and broke to honour this city before you...)

"This is Toronto. That sweater you are about to compete in is the city's oath to faithfully honour you. Wearing it is the your oath to them. Winning is the cost of the life this city has given you. Bleed and break if need be, but with everything rise to honour this city that now rises and chants for you."

I'd include the top as well, but with societal ADHD...

Whatever the message...Just hope it's seen on the ice this year. The country club atmosphere makes me want to puke.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Blue noise is what you get when you stick a metal fork in a toaster.
Warning! Kids don't try this at home. Leave it to the professionals.

So I guess Randy thought of this one too then huh?

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Unite a city? Is the city not already united, evidenced by the undying fan loyalty all these years despite an atrocious record?

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Blue noise is the combined opinions of the Toronto media(includes this board) which we all know can be absolutely absurd. The players need to block out all that "Blue Noise" and concentrate on hockey. Should be easy, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad