Unheralded Rookies Who Could Make an Impact in 2017/18

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
https://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017/08/sunday-top-10-unheralded-rookies-who.html

This annual article looks at some of the rookies who could make an impact in the OHL next year. And by that I mean players not selected in the Import Draft or the recent priority draft (or new midget draft for that matter). I'm talking about 2000 (possibly even '99 or '98) born players who should finally crack their respective teams this year. The list of successful players of this ilk is long (see Mark Scheifele, Remi Elie, Matt Clark, Trevor Carrick, Travis Dermott, Zach Senyshyn, Nic Hague, Boris Katchouk, Alex Formenton, etc).

In addition to my write ups, I've also included brief scouting reports from guys who see the Tier 2 ranks often.

A total of 37 players featured this year!

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Good read. But think Luke Bignell should be on the list. 14 goals, 21 assists and 105 penalty minutes with the Dutchmen last season. Also played in the GOJHL prospects all star game. I'll be very surprised if he's not on the colts this year.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Great article as always Brock! Also stoked to see three Attackers on the list. With such a deep camp this year, it's not even a sure thing Beamish, Groulx, and Davis all make the team... Will be exciting to see who they push out.

Also happy to see Zack Schipper contributing - former Brock SPMA grad killing it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad