Tribute Underrated Sens of the past

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Arvedson and Dackell too. I can't think of 1 without the other for whatever reason. Maybe just cuz Swedes. And both had a nasty injury. Lindros' name or face make me think of that hit he threw on Andy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I recently had to argue with a Sens fan that Mark Stone is a difference maker

The one blemish on Stone's performance that I can think of was that he wasn't a key guy during the 2017 Cup run, for whatever reason.

I think most people suspect he was injured in some capacity.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I watched that game at the Sports Book in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

It was March Madness (well, NIT championship). Mrs_NyQuil and I had gotten seats in those big plush leather chairs, but soon it was standing room only with a big crowd piling up behind watching the game and cheering and groaning with every basket. I can only imagine how much money was on the line.

I went up to ask the TV guy to put one of the many monitors on the wall of TVs to the Leafs-Sens game. Expecting to be mocked, instead he said, "Oh yeah, sure man, that's a great game."

I had put $20 on the Leafs as was typical when I bet on hockey so that I'd have something to be happy about no matter what the outcome.

Well, I was pretty annoyed because the Sens did rally to smoke the Leafs 8-2 but Alfredsson looked to be out for good right before the playoffs and I was out $20.

The guy sitting next to me asked "Who do you like?" and I said the "Senators".

Upon realizing that he meant the massive basketball game that was on, I apologized and said that I really didn't know much about either of the teams. He sort of shook his head sadly at his own bad luck to have a useless Canadian next to him, but as he was from Columbus, we did end up talking a bit about the Blue Jackets, contingent on me cheering for Ohio State.

What was funny is that you could spot the Leaf fans and even a Sens fan or two (or Leafs hater) because you'd hear a ragged cheer or groan when a goal in the hockey game was scored.

240053-jpg-1565974926.jpg

UMass vs. Ohio State - Game Recap - April 3, 2008 - ESPN

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I watched that game at the Sports Book in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

It was March Madness (well, NIT championship). Mrs_NyQuil and I had gotten seats in those big plush leather chairs, but soon it was standing room only with a big crowd piling up behind watching the game and cheering and groaning with every basket. I can only imagine how much money was on the line.

I went up to ask the TV guy to put one of the many monitors on the wall of TVs to the Leafs-Sens game. Expecting to be mocked, instead he said, "Oh yeah, sure man, that's a great game."

I had put $20 on the Leafs as was typical when I bet on hockey so that I'd have something to be happy about no matter what the outcome.

Well, I was pretty annoyed because the Sens did rally to smoke the Leafs 8-2 but Alfredsson looked to be out for good right before the playoffs and I was out $20.

The guy sitting next to me asked "Who do you like?" and I said the "Senators".

Upon realizing that he meant the massive basketball game that was on, I apologized and said that I really didn't know much about either of the teams. He sort of shook his head sadly at his own bad luck to have a useless Canadian next to him, but as he was from Columbus, we did end up talking a bit about the Blue Jackets, contingent on me cheering for Ohio State.

What was funny is that you could spot the Leaf fans and even a Sens fan or two (or Leafs hater) because you'd hear a ragged cheer or groan when a goal in the hockey game was scored.

240053-jpg-1565974926.jpg

UMass vs. Ohio State - Game Recap - April 3, 2008 - ESPN
There was a time when I knew a great deal about college basketball & football & the NFL, but once you start having kids you have less & less time for sports. I only really watch & keep track of the Sens now & have given up on all other sports as my time is now consumed with being my kids chauffer. Those were some epic battles with the Leafs back then, can't believe you bet against your team. :shakehead

Reactions: NyQuil

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Any idea what happened before that & why Schneider reacted the way he did? I have no recollection of that incident.

I just mean Alfie didnt even get his gloves off lol. Schneider just jumped him basically haha.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There was a time when I knew a great deal about college basketball & football & the NFL, but once you start having kids you have less & less time for sports. I only really watch & keep track of the Sens now & have given up on all other sports as my time is now consumed with being my kids chauffer. Those were some epic battles with the Leafs back then, can't believe you bet against your team. :shakehead

I don’t bet money with my heart.

Also, we had a weird streak going for awhile where the Sens would always lose that last matchup with the Leafs before the playoffs IIRC.

Reactions: aragorn

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Anyone remember when Ottawa brought in Andy Sutton for a brief stint where he was absolutely annihilating ppl with bone crunching hits? I swear you could hear the impact of his hits from the parking lot.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Anyone remember when Ottawa brought in Andy Sutton for a brief stint where he was absolutely annihilating ppl with bone crunching hits? I swear you could hear the impact of his hits from the parking lot.

How could we ever forget. Those were some thunderous hits he threw. Pretty sure that was the year we brought Cullen in too, I would have liked to see him kept around.

Reactions: NyQuil

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Are you an expert?

Beat me to it. :laugh: Sutton was huge. My other favourite was Barrasso when asked about being lucky with some pucks that hit the post & he replied, "do you want me to stop the ones going wide too". haha

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Did anyone else think Andreas Johansson was gonna be a sick player after his 21 goal year in 98/99? I was pretty young so i assumed he was gonna be a star lol

Reactions: DrEasy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Did anyone else think Andreas Johansson was gonna be a sick player after his 21 goal year in 98/99? I was pretty young so i assumed he was gonna be a star lol

Didnt Schastlivy have like the “best release ever”?

(until Silfverberg)

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Didnt Schastlivy have like the “best release ever”?

(until Silfverberg)

I thought he was gonna be a star too lol.

just a random thought: I had a Vinny Prospal #13 Sens jersey made when he was traded here in the Daigle deal. I wish I could find it lol

Reactions: DrEasy and NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad