Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #7

Who will be the 7th best among Sens players under 25 y/o?

• Max Veronneau (RW)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filip Chlapík (C)

• Angus Crookshank (LW)

• Jonathan Davidsson (RW)

• Jonny Tychonick (D)

• Ben Harpur (D)

• Joel Daccord (G)

• Marcus Högberg (G)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's have a bit of fun and change our minds since most of our best players got sold. Let's rank the young guys that have a chance to stick around through this "rebuild". Let's vote by who we think end up the best "when all is said and done". All factors have to be taken into account (skill, skating, hockey sense, potential, certainty, leadership, physicality, etc)

Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA? It's basically an organizational RE-DRAFT of all players under 25 y/o. Who are our most important assets, in order?

Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking

1- Thomas Chabot (D) 91.7%
2- Brady Tkachuk (LW) 37.3%

3- Erik Brännström (D) 70.8%
4- Drake Batherson (RW) 70.8%

5- Colin White (C/RW) 48.1 %
6- Logan Brown (C) 67.4%

Last edited:

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I'm so tempted to go with Veronneau here...

...but in all seriousness this is a tough call. About to get interesting from here on out.

Reactions: devbouz12

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I'm going off the board here with Abramov. I think he figures it out and ends up being a 55-65 point winger. It might take 2-3 years but I think he gets there.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Voted Wolanin, have no problem with Jaros or JBD as well. They should be the next 3

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
No love for norris.
This is Brady’s best buddy people

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So far here’s How it’s shaping up :

Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
??????-White-??????
??????-??????-??????
??????-??????-??????
??????

Chabot-JBD
Brannstrom-??????
Wolanin-Jaros
??????

Daccord
Gustavsson

JBD! We getting close to voting for a goalie?

Nah, no goalie should be in the top-12. I’d go Daccord first then

Unless you have a Carey Price prospect, no young goalie is such a valuable asset to be voted above some of the guys left to pick

Have to redo this whole thing now. Add veronneau
? Veronneau is there

Last edited:

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Wolanin and Docker had very similar +1 draft years in the NCAA

Wolanin: 32 GP 4 G 15 P +16

J B D : 34 GP 5 G 16 P -3

Reactions: NB613

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wolanin was two years older than JBD in his D+1 though. He was 20 when drafted.
And Wolanin was a forward until really close to his D year... and switched. He made great progress as a D... JBD will have to go some to match Wolanin .. I think JBD is a great prospect. I watched lots of BSens this year and Wolanin was the best player on the ice on either team several nights .. I think they are really close.. JBD is magic beans to many here.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
And Wolanin was a forward until really close to his D year... and switched. He made great progress as a D... JBD will have to go some to match Wolanin .. I think JBD is a great prospect. I watched lots of BSens this year and Wolanin was the best player on the ice on either team several nights .. I think they are really close.. JBD is magic beans to many here.

I was at the last rookie camp with vprime and Jules in Laval and I kept on raving about Wolanin, was impressed at how he was able to create scoring chances left and right. Granted the competition was not really good (Montreal) but he looked like a prime Karlsson against them. His skating, shot and passing looked NHL good. He clearly outshone guys like Batherson, Brown, White, Formenton, Chlapik, Kotkaniemi, Tkachuk

I have been high on Wolanin for a while, will get my vote soon

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
JBD! We getting close to voting for a goalie?
Hogberg is close on my list. His recent play is stellar. There's a big cluster here but he's in my top 10 or 11. I won't be surprised if he ends up as our starter next year.

After JBD, Wolanin, Norris, Chlapik, Abramov and Hogberg are all interchangeable.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Don’t get me wrong I like Wolanin a lot. I’m just saying we should be comparing apples to apples. D+1 is very different for those two guys.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Says the guy who voted Kevin Mandolese in every single poll since the beginning :laugh: If anyone needs confirmation of what's his purpose here is...

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Look at age, don't look at draft year.

In his 18YR old season Wolanin had 26P in 55GP in the USHL.

JBD is definitely more impressive at the same age.

I mean if we're looking at age than Lajoie is likely better than both of those guys.

In his 20-21 year old season he put up 15 NHL points to Wolanin's 15 points in the NCAA.

I personally think Lajoie will be at least as good as Wolanin but not many share my opinion on that.

I think JBD has higher upside than either one for what it's worth.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Davidsson needs some love in this discussion soon.

Prospecta non grata.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This is where our prospect pool gets very deep. Lots of potential NHLers in this tier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad