Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Big win last night at the Concrete Center

IMG_3894.jpeg

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
GRAND FORKS, N.D. - For the fourth time in the last five seasons, North Dakota hoisted the Penrose Cup as NCHC regular-season champions on Saturday night. The Fighting Hawks completed a sweep of Western Michigan with a 3-0 shutout at Ralph Engelstad Arena to move seven points clear (49 points) of second-place Denver (42) with only two conference games (six points) remaining. UND earned the Penrose Cup for the sixth time in NCHC history (11 years), including winning its fifth outright NCHC regular-season title.

Reactions: JMCx4

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Omaha played like their season is in the line last night and out worked the Sioux in their 3-2 win. Sioux stay at number 3 in the Pairwise but need a win tonight to stay there

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
SAINT PAUL, Minn. – Sophomore forward Jackson Blake added another accolade to his running list, earning a spot on the 2024 Hobey Baker Award Top-10 Finalist list as announced by the award committee on Wednesday afternoon. The ten finalists were selected by voting from all 64 NCAA Division I college hockey head coaches plus online fan balloting.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Omaha was the better team today without a doubt. UND had no jump in their step to speak of. UND now 1-8 against CC and Omaha. Hopefully they get sent out east away from Sioux Falls where Omaha could end up now

• Wow
Reactions: JMCx4

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Unfortunately my gut was right and UND goes down 4-3 to Michigan. Played a great first period and the last 3 minutes. No urgency in between. Coach Berry’s playoff record is not good

Reactions: AUS Fan

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
Unfortunately my gut was right and UND goes down 4-3 to Michigan. Played a great first period and the last 3 minutes. No urgency in between. Coach Berry’s playoff record is not good
I agree DS. Tough to watch that third period.

I’ve barely been able to watch any games this season, mostly just 10-minute highlights for each game.

What’s been your assessment of Ludvig Persson this season? I get the impression that he’s been pretty good, but hasn’t been the game changer some goalies can be. The second goal he gave up is bothering me. Seemed like it was too dangerous of a developing situation to not cover it, and that deflection back at him could be anticipated as soon as he decided to flip that rebound.

Last edited:

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I agree DS. Tough to watch that third period.

I’ve barely been able to watch any games this season, mostly just 10-minute highlights for each game.

What’s been your assessment of Ludvig Persson this season? I get the expression that he’s been pretty good, but hasn’t been the game changer some goalies can be. The second goal he gave up is bothering me. Seemed like it was too dangerous of a developing situation to not cover it, and that deflection back at him could be anticipated as soon as he decided to flip that rebound.
Yeah that first goal the puck should have been covered. He could see who was baring down on him. As far as his season goes he’s been okay. Nothing to write home about. Like most goalies he can look lights out then not so much. The defense took time to gel too since all new guys came in.

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad