***UND Fighting Sioux Thread***

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I'm a little late weighing in on this; but you should be. In our decade plus of reparte on these boards I've found you to be the most straight up of any poster. Even when we've butted heads there's always been a level of respect. Your fandom may be suspect:sarcasm: but your character is NOT.
The feeling is mutual my friend

Reactions: RabidBadger

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
1C5D7816-0A72-4B5E-A500-A7DC85AEA1C6.jpeg

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Question for you guys about the annual UND/U. Manitoba exhibition game... I was wondering how this came to be a standing engagement every year, especially in light of the fact that, well, the Bisons never win it anymore?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
This widely read blogger offers part of the history ... Manitoba Is Big In North Dakota

Thank you!

Interesting about the remark regarding UND sellouts for games vs the Bisons. U. Manitoba represents a campus with over 30,000 students, but they generally play in front of crowds that seldom crack maybe a couple of hundred. So playing in front of a packed Ralph must be quite a change of pace, haha.

To provide an idea, here's a picture from a Bison conference game I went to last season. This is game action, not warmups!

• Wow
Reactions: Dakota Sioux

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Thank you!

Interesting about the remark regarding UND sellouts for games vs the Bisons. U. Manitoba represents a campus with over 30,000 students, but they generally play in front of crowds that seldom crack maybe a couple of hundred. So playing in front of a packed Ralph must be quite a change of pace, haha.

To provide an idea, here's a picture from a Bison conference game I went to last season. This is game action, not warmups!

@mk80 would recognize that sort of scene, from his Lindenwood University Lady Lions broadcasting gigs. 😕

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
OCTOBER 12, 2022
OLIVER FRANCIES

Quinnipiac-UND: Three things to watch

While the Fighting Hawks had a better weekend than the Bobcats of Quinnipiac did, this weekends matchup at the Ralph Englestad Arena sets up as a battle of titans looking to go far in the postseason. What we see from these teams is a good indication of where they could go the rest of the way. Here are three things to watch ...

Read more at: Quinnipiac-UND: Three things to watch

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
After coming back from a 4-1 deficit last night to get the tie at 5 and win the shootout, UND took a nap during the game tonight losing 6-2. Give credit to Quinnipiac they came to play tonight. UND obviously needs to tighten up in the defensive end and goaltending is a huge question mark right now

Reactions: JMCx4

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
It’s that time again. I will take a split in a heartbeat right now.

And a split it is as both games went to overtime. Friday the gophers score late to tie it and then win 45 seconds into overtime and UND returns the favor Saturday night with Senden scoring with under a minute to go in overtime.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I didn't see the team bus when I just walked around T-Mobile Arena to snap photos. But maybe a rich donor foots the bill for the roundtrip airfares. :dunno:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I saw the players & staff leaving the hotel as a group mid-afternoon, seemingly headed toward The Strip (or maybe over to the Golden Knights game). I just hope they're not staying on my floor; in my experience, hockey players (and often their fans) don't usually make for the best neighbors on the road. :ha:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad