McKenzie: (Unconfirmed) G Brian Elliott to PHI.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
I'm okay with this as a stop gap until one of the youngsters seize the job. Price and term is right.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
If it is rumored 2 years at 2.75 then it is really great. Arguably the best goalie (next to Mason) available on the market signed to such a contract? Terrific move.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
If the plan is to split time with another goalie, there's nobody better available. Elliott has a history of stepping up his game when dealing with competition for his spot.

Evergreen

If it is rumored 2 years at 2.75 then it is really great. Arguably the best goalie (next to Mason) available on the market signed to such a contract? Terrific move.

I think the rumor was 3 years, not 2.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm happy with this if it's a small contract such as two years at three mil less. Guy has enough of a track record for me to not mind having him, especially when we have two goalies who can supplant him if need be anyways. Only alternatives were to sign Mason or Miller to big(ger) deals which I wouldn't want.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
If the plan is to split time with another goalie, there's nobody better available. Elliott has a history of stepping up his game when dealing with competition for his spot.

This is why I believe he is a better option than Mason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad