UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
UBC Thunderbirds:
No secrete to UBC's success, Toth!
Rylan Toth, carried most of the goaltending load during the regular season, that included a (23 GP) 8-14 record, with a 2.78 GAA and a.902 save percentage.
His CanadaWest playoffs stats included a 4-4 record, starting all 8 playoff games, including a 2.90 GAA and a.918 save percentage.
He is capable of stealing a big game, including two semi-final wins in Claire Drake Arena that eliminated powerhouse Alberta Golden Bears.
Game 1, shots for Alberta 53-17 , with UBC stealing a 3-2 overtime win.
Game 2, Alberta with a 34-20 advantage in a 6-1 win.
Game 3, Alberta 41-19 shot advantage, but UBC eliminates Alberta.
CanadaWest Finals:
Game 1, USask out shot the T-Birds 31-23 in a 3-2 win.
Game 2, Shots were 29-18 in favour of the Huskies in a 3-1 win and a series sweep.

Reactions: Craig D

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
The Reds are undoubtedly the favourites this week, but I think their path to the final has more upset potential than likely appropriate for a #1 seed: Toth is the hottest goaltender in the country, and UBC is the only team in the tournament that has taken down a an opponent of UNB's calibre.
Then, in the semi, they will get the winner of Acadia/Ottawa, who are both more dangerous than the winner of SMU/Guelph. And, UNB will have to go through their path to the final in back-to-back days.
Again, not saying UNB isn't favoured, but it's a bit of an unlucky path - Saskatchewan might just have a clearer way to a final, with an extra day of rest.

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Pretty pumped to be there to see this live this weekend. Who is going to take in the tournament?

I like our chances, it is clear with Harvey's play in the AUS final when the series was on the line that we are set from the paint out. Bring it on!!

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Pretty pumped to be there to see this live this weekend. Who is going to take in the tournament?

I like our chances, it is clear with Harvey's play in the AUS final when the series was on the line that we are set from the paint out. Bring it on!!
Will be their ! Leaving tomorrow afternoon!

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB

Leaving early Friday morning, will be there in time for the UNB game, and hopefully staying until Monday!

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Are you leaving from Fredericton and have an extra seat in your vehicle? I've got a friend and UNB fan looking for a ride down Thursday. My vehicle is maxed out with 5 already. He'd be happy to help with gas.
I’m leaving Wednesday or I would offer, if anyone is looking for a drive home Sunday night I would gladly offer up a seat, would make the long drive home at night just a little more bearable with someone to talk to.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Are you leaving from Fredericton and have an extra seat in your vehicle? I've got a friend and UNB fan looking for a ride down Thursday. My vehicle is maxed out with 5 already. He'd be happy to help with gas.

Unfortunately I don’t. Between the wife and baby, and all of their respective accessories, the ol Civic is going to be pretty full.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
So UNB has six graduating players. Only Anderson is a 5th year. Not sure what Waitling’s eligibility is.

Going to be interesting to see who stays for an extra year. Will have a big impact on recruitment.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
So UNB has six graduating players. Only Anderson is a 5th year. Not sure what Waitling’s eligibility is.

Going to be interesting to see who stays for an extra year. Will have a big impact on recruitment.

Watling and McIvor are both 5th years...in addition to Anderson.

Cooper, Simpson, and Murphy are the 4th years. I could see the latter two garnering lots of pro interest.

So they will have at least three roster spots open...and two vacancies on their top line.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Watling and McIvor are both 5th years...in addition to Anderson.

Cooper, Simpson, and Murphy are the 4th years. I could see the latter two garnering lots of pro interest.

So they will have at least three roster spots open...and two vacancies on their top line.

I would offer Simpson the “C” to entice him to stay.

McIvor is a big loss.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The 1K post rule is back in effect. Please make a new thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad