Ultimate Fun NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
VanIslander said:
Totally different kind of player than Madden. Where are you gonna put him?

Big strong physical center and + 23.

I wanted a big centreman so I was looking at Primeau. Arnott will be my 4th line center and with Simon on his wing, keep your head up.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Arnott ain't a fourth line centre, unless you're going to increase the checking responsibilities of your second and third lines.

Have you ever played hockey? Arnott is a first or second line guy, or special teams. Maybe you want to put him as your 13th forward to come off of the bench.

But whatever. This is fantasy.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
VanIslander said:
Arnott ain't a fourth line centre, unless you're going to increase the checking responsibilities of your second and third lines.

Have you ever played hockey? Arnott is a first or second line guy, or special teams. Maybe you want to put him as your 13th forward to come off of the bench.

But whatever. This is fantasy.

My team has a nice balance of speed, skill and grit on the first 2 lines. The centers are good but the wingers are exceptional.

Peca and Gagne are my checkers on the 3rd line. Peca since he's won the Selke and Gagne because he's played a great 2 way game in Phi and had that role on Team Canada as well

Arnott is centering my 4th line cause I wanted a line with toughness and size. If you think Arnott is a defensive liability you haven't watched much hockey.

D still needs some work and goalie is very good.

I like my chances against any team in the polls.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
So many scorers I want to take!

Vancouver selects, to anchor its 4th line: LW/RW Matt Cooke. My bottom six is big, tough, can score, and has a few Selke winners on it. :)

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
jtuzzi21 said:
So many scorers I want to take!

Vancouver selects, to anchor its 4th line: LW/RW Matt Cooke. My bottom six is big, tough, can score, and has a few Selke winners on it. :)
Just like that, the two players I was targeting next are gone.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The San Jose Sharks select the top scorer in the 2004 World Cup and one of the top scorers in the 2004 playoffs in underrated power forward Fredrik Modin

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Vancouver selects C - Mario Lemieux as the 13th fwd...and he will be rested a lot and only played against the top teams.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
jtuzzi21 said:
Vancouver selects C - Mario Lemieux as the 13th fwd...and he will be rested a lot and only played against the top teams.
Perfect role for him! He can play the powerplay, key face-offs in the offensive zone, and when the game is on the line.

jtuzzi21 scored a hit!

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The San Jose Sharks would like to claim one of their own who was drafted in the first round, scored three game winners on his first three goals, has had 24 GWGs since, 29 PP goals, 14 SHGs and is a +50... yet it's his speed and tenacious checking which makes him a fan favourite in the Bay area. You're staying in town Marco Sturm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad