Proposal: Ullmark to NJ

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
All the Markstom talk, which I haven’t been follow closely, makes me wonder what value Ullmark would have to NJD.

He just turned 30 vs Markstom at 34. Million dollar lower cap hit. One year shorter contract.

Bruins could take back VV, but wouldn’t retain.

I’ll start off with Holtz, VV, 2nd.
The year shorter contract is what likely makes Ullmark (and Saros) off-season moves. Trading those assets with no guarantee of extension isn’t something the Devils should do right now.

Seems like the appeal of Markstrom was the two more years beyond this year.

Devils should just let this year play out, call up Kinkaid or bring in another goalie just to end the year to let Schmid/Daws preserve waiver eligibility, and re-visit goaltending in the off-season.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The year shorter contract is what likely makes Ullmark (and Saros) off-season moves. Trading those assets with no guarantee of extension isn’t something the Devils should do right now.

Devils should just let this year play out, call up Kinkaid or bring in another goalie just to end the year to let Schmid/Daws preserve waiver eligibility, and re-visit goaltending in the off-season.

Makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
All the Markstom talk, which I haven’t been follow closely, makes me wonder what value Ullmark would have to NJD.

He just turned 30 vs Markstom at 34. Million dollar lower cap hit. One year shorter contract.

Bruins could take back VV, but wouldn’t retain.

I’ll start off with Holtz, VV, 2nd.
Not a bad deal at all, and seems cheaper than the potential Markstrom deal (Holtz and a 1st was rumored) - I'd do this, you'd probably get a solid 3-4 years out of Ullmark.

Holtz would likely flourish in Boston with a real coach. Might even get something serviceable out of Vanacek, although the goalies have been bailing Boston out a lot, so maybe not lol.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I don't see Boston doing that. Needs to be upped I'd say. Hischier for Ullmark would be an interesting deal but can't see NJ wanting to pay that much. Maybe they would look at Nemec and a pick for him.

Nonsense....goalies just dont have that kind of value.....

Not to insult any Bruins fans there is no one on their team we would trade Nemec for....

Nonsense...Pasta? McAvoy??

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Ya in a vacuum those two are worth it but their cap hits would force Devils to move someone to make room and not be much of a net gain . Yes those two are good but Nemec with his ELC and cost control is crucial right now.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I think Ullmark would cost a little more. Just too many clubs in need of a guy like him both short or long term. OP is fair, just think Boston can pull a clear over payment here.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I think Ullmark would cost a little more. Just too many clubs in need of a guy like him both short or long term. OP is fair, just think Boston can pull a clear over payment here.
Depends. I feel like we talk about how many clubs need goalies and then like no decent goalies get moved.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Depends. I feel like we talk about how many clubs need goalies and then like no decent goalies get moved.

Teams just rarely trade starting goalies. Boston has 2 clear ones so something needs to give. I fully expect him to move. Teams will know they have a legit chance to add a real starting goalie.

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011

I genuinely forgot we had Kinkaid under contract

Reactions: TBF1972

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020

While those two are definitely the players you would want I still would not trade Nemec just like if I flipped the script on you you wouldn't trade McAvoy ...Unless they are at odds with the team those players usually don't get traded

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad