Seravalli: Ullmark to Kings fell through

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Are the Bruins not aware of the NTC? Why would they even negotiate with a team that’s on the list?

I think that's how typically how teams have started doing it. They probably let the kings know that they were on the NTC and they negotiated from there with the understanding that Ullmark could veto it. I think teams don't take it to the player until the last step

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
LA is a great place to live and play hockey, but it can’t offer the ease of travel that the northeastern teams can. I think people really underestimate how big a factor travel can be, especially for guys with families.

Yeah that makes the most sense.

Are the Bruins not aware of the NTC? Why would they even negotiate with a team that’s on the list?

People get convinced to go to a place on their list all the time. He has a 16 team list, but that doesn't mean he would actually reject a trade to all the places. Like, you are going to fill in all the slots even if there are only 12 teams you would hate to go to. You aren't gonna say "naw, its good man, I'll just pick 12 teams."

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I can't speak for the Bruins needs, but from knowing the Kings well I can assume Kaliyev would have been part of the deal, one of Talbot or Rittich (just for a positional swap) and potentially Matt Roy and/or the Kings' 1st round pick in this or next years draft.

Bruins wouldn't have wanted a goalie back (Bussi is NHL ready and needs waivers next year but is obviously blocked right now) and with McAvoy and Carlo on the right side, Roy doesn't make a lot of sense, either.

Reactions: David Lunch

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Because maybe he'd waive it. Not the first time a player has been traded to a team on their list. It was a long ass time ago, but Ales Kotalik had the Flames on his M-NTC years back and waived it. I know there have been a few more recent examples.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
I really think to make it more exciting; teams players list on their TDL should be made public. That would add more interest and drama to NHL :laugh:
Maybe more exciting, but thats never going to happen. They dont even want the players lists in some sort of hidden registry cause it would up the chances of it getting leaked.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Because maybe he'd waive it. Not the first time a player has been traded to a team on their list. It was a long ass time ago, but Ales Kotalik had the Flames on his M-NTC years back and waived it. I know there have been a few more recent examples.
If that is the case I think they should have gone Ullmark before there was just hours left before the deadline.........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad