Ukraine: Ukrainian prospects Thread

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
It's easier to just call him Ukrainian than some convoluted "player of Ukrainian patrilineal ethnic descent"

I don't think anyone's ever argued that a Russian-named player from Kazakhstan wasn't Russian...just sayin'...

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Matters little after recent naturalization spree, but still nice to see Lviv born Andreykiv earning some icetime.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Yep, that's probably it. Besides Dmitri Shvidenko, which Atlant released, I believe there is no additional Ukraine-related players in MHL/VHL, that already aren't in Donbass' system already.

EDIT: Forgot Toryanik signed two-way deal with Torpedo.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Yep, that's probably it. Besides Dmitri Shvidenko, which Atlant released, I believe there is no additional Ukraine-related players in MHL/VHL, that already aren't in Donbass' system already.

EDIT: Forgot Toryanik signed two-way deal with Torpedo.

Is Toryanik playing in KHL or VHL currently?

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
looks like Dyatlov (Russian) is getting all the starts with the Guard, wtf? You have 4 goalies, spread it around. Yachnyk had a good 1 game too, reward the kid. Pisarenko hasn't touched the ice yet...(though he's the youngest)

for defense, Skripets is the only Ukie getting any ice time

Andreykiv (Lviv) seems to have been converted to forward, getting ice time but no points...1 shot in 10 games...ugh...

lyalka, zhakarov, and cherdak are the only ones getting ice time and all games at forward. cherdaks not doing anything, zharkov/lyalka aren't impressing but doing okay...

5 ukrainians on all of donetsk? eh, i guess it's something...

Last edited:

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
ukraine is setting up a minor league, which is essentially just going to be a small series of tournaments, but good nonetheless

http://isport.ua/hockey/ukraine/news/269436.html
http://bighockey.ua/news/v-ukrayini-stvorena-yuniorska-liga.html

In the championship of Ukraine established junior league. At the start of the championship YUHL, which can act only players born in 1994-1997, will take five teams. On this channel Xsport reported in the press - service of the Hockey Federation of Ukraine.

The championship will take part YUHL three teams from Kharkov (Dynamo, SDYUSSHOR-1, SDYUSSHOR-2) and two from Kyiv (Sokil, Icicle).

Championship Cycle System will consist of two stages: the first - the regular championship rounds will be held on the system single-circuit tournaments (five stages, each of which will play four teams), and the second stage - the Final Four (semi-finals: 1 - 4, 2 - 3 ).

YUHL first round of the championship will be held October 24-26 in Kharkov (Dynamo sports school, sports school-1-2 SDYUSSHOR, Icicle).

Add that each team - participant of the championship should have in her application form at least 15 players of Ukrainian citizens, including 2 goalies.

Surprised that Donetsk doesn't have a team in this, I'm sure Donbass-98 could have played, plus they have other kids in their Academy school they run now

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
ukraine is setting up a minor league, which is essentially just going to be a small series of tournaments, but good nonetheless

http://isport.ua/hockey/ukraine/news/269436.html
http://bighockey.ua/news/v-ukrayini-stvorena-yuniorska-liga.html

Surprised that Donetsk doesn't have a team in this, I'm sure Donbass-98 could have played, plus they have other kids in their Academy school they run now
Maybe Donetsk couldn't scrape together 15 local skaters? :sarcasm: Anyway, probably missing out due to age, but probably they would be title contenders anyway.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
http://hcdonbass.com/club/school/

just checked, they have almost 500 kids playing at their school, but outside of the 98 group, they only do 2001s-2008s

Pretty healthy number, but that just shows, that Donbass will really show of their own kids on international stage starting from 17-18 season at earliest.

Also noticed that 98 born roster isn't playing in Moscow championship anymore this season, but in "Moscow region" group. Shame, won't be able to compare their progress during the offseason, as they will be facing completely different teams.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
added Dmytro Shvidenko, went under the radar

from Lubny, was sent from Lada in the VHL to Ugra's MHL affiliate. Drafted by Atlant in 2009.

Surely he can't play for Yugra's MHL team. He is too old.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
He's 21, how is he too old?

but you're right, and I'm too tired today

He got promoted to Ugra in the KHL, not the affiliate (doh)

time to add to the other list!

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
NHL central scouting lists Vitali Lyalka among Euro skaters. Means little, but still nice, that MHL roster gives best Ukrainian prospects more exposure.

Mar 12, 2009
Ukrainian Prospects?

Are there any Ukrainian players with pro potential, whether it be AHL or NHL? Is there any chance NHL teams take late flyers on players with glimpses of potential to remove them and their families from the current situation? I was just curious, but feel that is too optimistic of a hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad