Ugly ending to Mayor's Cup Game

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
For those that haven't heard/read about it yet...

Last night's Mayor's Cup game between Union College and RPI had a really ugly ending to it. RPI won an otherwise great game, that sadly ended when all heck broke loose.

As of this posting, four players received Game DQs (two from each team) and Union head coach Rick Bennett has been suspended by the ECAC.

You can view the ugly incident here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-AzBqb1h1g

RPIBruin

Nov 9, 2005
Shrewsbury
I get the tensions are high after any Union/RPI game, but that was crazy. I know its hard in the heat of the moment not to respond to the shove from Bennett, but Appert should have handled it a bit better. Though I have no idea why Bennett tried to emulate Tortarella. Will be interesting what kind of sanctions come down.

I know Bennett was suspended by Union already for a few games I think.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
I get the tensions are high after any Union/RPI game, but that was crazy. I know its hard in the heat of the moment not to respond to the shove from Bennett, but Appert should have handled it a bit better. Though I have no idea why Bennett tried to emulate Tortarella. Will be interesting what kind of sanctions come down.

I know Bennett was suspended by Union already for a few games I think.

He was (two games) and the ECAC upheld it.

Earlier today, the ECAC added an extra game suspension to Mat Bodie's DQ. The league also handed Daniel Ciampini a one game suspension as well. This, on top of the DQs that Eli Lichtenwald

The ECAC also handed out a one game suspensions to RPI's Bo Dolan and Ryan Hegarty. The Engineers will also be missing Mike Zalewski and Luke Curadi due to the DQs they received.

Should be an interesting weekend up in the North Country (and no, I'm not talking about Canada here).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad