City: Orlando, Florida
Time: 8pm ET/5pm PT
Viewing: FOX

MAIN CARD (FOX)

Lightweight Championship bout: Rafael dos Anjos (c) vs. Donald Cerrone
Heavyweight bout: Junior dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
Lightweight bout: Michael Johnson vs. Nate Diaz
Women's Strawweight bout: Randa Markos vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz

PRELIMINARY CARD (Fox Sports 1, TSN 4/5)

Featherweight bout: Charles Oliveira vs. Myles Jury
Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Nate Marquardt
Women's Bantamweight bout: Sarah Kaufman vs. Valentina Shevchenko
Middleweight bout: Josh Samman vs. Tamdan McCrory
Lightweight bout: Nik Lentz vs. Danny Castillo
Featherweight bout: Cole Miller vs. Jim Alers

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Leon Edwards vs. Kamaru Usman
Welterweight bout: Hayder Hassan vs. Vicente Luque
Heavyweight bout: Luiz Henrique vs. Francis Ngannou

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Very excited for this card.

I was thinking RDA would take this and still might pick him but a few reporters have mentioned how he looks very different these days. You know, after USADA came in and started the enhanced out of competition testing. It'll be interesting to see how this goes.

Overeem isn't the same guy now but I've wanted to see this fight for a long time so I'm still looking forward to it.

Johnson vs Diaz and Oliveira vs Jury could be sick too.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Awesome
Card.

I've never really liked Cerrone but you can't deny that he's exciting to watch. I also hate Dos Anjos. So I hope it's a slug fest. But I anticipate dos Anjos riding his back for the majority of the fight.

Lots of other rights I'm looking forward to seeing.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I like Cerrone, but RDA is like vanilla ice cream to me. All the meh in the world.
This is why I question whether McGregor will fight this winner next. Him and Cerrone would sell, but I don't see him and RDA being all that interesting, aside from the obvious fact that McGregor's moving up.

I don't think the RDA-Cerrone is going to be close. RDA is going to run through the man. He's also a tougher match-up for Conor McGregor (RDA and Khabib).
Cerrone seems to crumble in big fights. Strikes me as a good/very good but not great fighter. I like RDA a lot at -215 or whatever he is.

JDS also seems like really good value at -360. I don't see Reem getting the fight to the ground, and if they trade standing JDS's chin is gonna win out every time, not to mention he has the better cardio.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
This is why I question whether McGregor will fight this winner next. Him and Cerrone would sell, but I don't see him and RDA being all that interesting, aside from the obvious fact that McGregor's moving up.

Cerrone seems to crumble in big fights. Strikes me as a good/very good but not great fighter. I like RDA a lot at -215 or whatever he is.

JDS also seems like really good value at -360. I don't see Reem getting the fight to the ground, and if they trade standing JDS's chin is gonna win out every time, not to mention he has the better cardio.
How long has Cerrone been at jacksons?
Seems like a new dude the last 2 years.

weems

Jul 3, 2008

RDA is -210 at my book right now.
My favorite bet of the night is Miles Jury at -150 over Charles Olivera.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nate has been gone for a while, didn't look good in his last fight, and has trouble with wrestlers but a +350 underdog in this fight? Maybe it's my Diaz brothers bias but when the fight was announced, I thought it would be closer to even.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Good card, looking forward to the women fights as well especially Valentina Shevchenko vs Sarah Kaufman, Valentina is very explosive. Markos vs Kowalkiewicz should be a great fight too.

Will be pulling for Cowboy but Dos Anjos will probably beat him, hopefully Jackson will come up with a better gameplan this time around.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's too bad the Reem/JDS fight didn't happen after JDS KO'd Cain and Overeem ran through Lesnar.

Both guys have taken some embarrassing losses since than. Still excited for it, but this fight certainly doesn't have the same aura around it as it would have when these two were thought of as the two best heavyweights in the world and they both looked like unstoppable powerhouse strikers.

Too bad Reem was so obviously on drugs lol.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
It's too bad the Reem/JDS fight didn't happen after JDS KO'd Cain and Overeem ran through Lesnar.

Both guys have taken some embarrassing losses since than. Still excited for it, but this fight certainly doesn't have the same aura around it as it would have when these two were thought of as the two best heavyweights in the world and they both looked like unstoppable powerhouse strikers.

Too bad Reem was so obviously on drugs lol.

Reem's before and after pics are so telling.

Very true, but JDS looks totally different now too since the new testing, Aldo's another guy...when they came to his gym to test Aldo his teamates kicked them out for not having a visa, then the second time Aldo "accidentally" dropped his urine sample on to the floor coming out of the bathroom, then you see how soft in the middle he looks now.

Makes you wonder who else is cheating.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Very true, but JDS looks totally different now too since the new testing, Aldo's another guy...when they came to his gym to test Aldo his teamates kicked them out for not having a visa, then the second time Aldo "accidentally" dropped his urine sample on to the floor coming out of the bathroom, then you see how soft in the middle he looks now.
You're straight up quoting Joe Rogan. Aldo did not look at all different from his Mendes fight.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
You're straight up quoting Joe Rogan. Aldo did not look at all different from his Mendes fight.

Yeah he didn't look as cut as he usually does, anyway don't tell me JDS doesn't look soft....even when he fought Cain the first time with his injury he didn't look this bad.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great grappling performance by the Barn Cat. He didn't stop working on the ground. Went from one submission attempt to the next while also getting a ton of strikes in.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Great grappling performance by the Barn Cat. He didn't stop working on the ground. Went from one submission attempt to the next while also getting a ton of strikes in.
I'm guessing the JDS - Overeem fight probably won't last very long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad