GDT: UFC on ESPN: Luque vs Muhammad 2/Bellator 277: McKee vs Pitbull 2

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
They need to call these DQ’s because otherwise fighters that have 2 rounds in the bag will do this to secure a win
I agree 100%, that one wasn't accidental, he blatantly kneed him in the head, just didn't realize he was downed. They made a statement with the Yan DQ but then they took it back the other way with the ones tonight. Not enough punishment for fouls IMO. Fights get 3 or 4 eye poke warnings before a point, big knees to downed opponents going uncorrected. No like.

Reactions: CDJ

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
There was quite a delay before the rolling around on the ground began 🤷‍♂️

Exact situation with Aljo. Aljo got more dramatic as time went on. From kneeling and talking to writhing in pain and flopping around when he tried to stand up.

Not saying there's no chance they aren't faking it but it's pretty common thing. You've never gotten hurt and been like I'm fine and then a few mins later been like "damn maybe I actually am hurt more than I thought"... Now factor in they're in a fight where their adrenaline is running at 10000000% and in the mind set to push through injuries to keep going it's pretty feasible that there could be a little delay.

Reactions: m9

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Not saying there's no chance they aren't faking it but it's pretty common thing. You've never gotten hurt and been like I'm fine and then a few mins later been like "damn maybe I actually am hurt more than I thought"... Now factor in they're in a fight where their adrenaline is running at 10000000% and in the mind set to push through injuries to keep going it's pretty feasible that there could be a little delay.
I've also gotten 'hurt' fighting with my brother and then when I realized I could get him in trouble by hamming it up, I start crying or hamming it up. So like I said, we aren't the ones in there, we don't know exactly whats happening but some of them look more obvious than others, they're fighters not actors.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I've also gotten 'hurt' fighting with my brother and then when I realized I could get him in trouble by hamming it up, I start crying or hamming it up. So like I said, we aren't the ones in there, we don't know exactly whats happening but some of them look more obvious than others, they're fighters not actors.

You're 1000% right and I'm sure there's been plenty of times guys have milked it was just saying you never know.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I got 29-28 Belal so far

I predict a Luque finish
Exactly how I have it, Belal seems to be fading. Even his corner was trying to convince him he's not tired. I think Luque got 3rd but I could easily see the judges giving it to Belal.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Belal would get dominated by Colby or Kamaru.
He could make it interesting with Colby. I thought his striking was pretty solid tonight and ultimately the fight would probably be a kickboxing bout

I think Kamaru probably KO’s him because he has some power

member 51464

I like the Colby callout for Belal. Colby does not have power and I think Belal has the cardio and wrestling to at least hang and make it interesting.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
He could make it interesting with Colby. I thought his striking was pretty solid tonight and ultimately the fight would probably be a kickboxing bout

I think Kamaru probably KO’s him because he has some power
I mean Belal is boring as can be but I think he could probably be boring enough to make a close fight with Colby. Kamaru is just so much physically stronger that I don't think it would be close.

Reactions: 16Skippy and CDJ

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Belal is boring, just another gatekeeper to the top as he's a non-threat to Usman and Covington.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Belal followed the game plan perfectly and got a nice win for himself, but at the same time, it was boring and I don't see him jumping up the rankings much. Probably just takes Luque's spot. I have to give him props because I didn't think he'd beat Luque, but I still think he's a sizeable dog against against any of Usman, Edwards, Colby, Chimaev, or Burns.

I don't really get the Colby call out. Dana's already said they are looking to make Colby-Chimaev. Unless you think Colby's going to look for a way out of that fight or something, you're probably not going to get it. He just beat #5, so I'm sure he wants to set his sights higher than #4 next, but Burns would have been the callout to actually get the fight.

Disappointing fight from Luque. Just didn't get much going besides that 3rd round. He's still only 30 years old, though, so he's got time to pick up a few more wins and get right back into the title picture. Might even luck himself into a fight with Masvidal next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad