Welterweight season bout: Jarrah Al Silawi vs. Solomon Renfro
Featherweight showcase bout: Brahyan Zurcher vs. Mike Bardsley
Featherweight showcase bout: Abdullah Al Qahtani vs. Lamar Brown​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This should be a pretty fun UFC card this week, filled with action fights. Afternoon card as well, which is a nice bonus.

Emmett v Topuria is great. I really like Topuria to win but Emmett's power will really test him and Topuria has been caught in the past.

Cool story with Austen Lane. Former Jaguars' draft pick getting a featured slot here in Jacksonville and you can bet someone is getting knocked out in that one.

Some legit prospects buried as well - Trevor Peek should be on the main card and Taira is a really good prospect as well.

I know there isn't a fight other than the main event that looks awesome on paper but my bold prediction is this will end up being this year's "London" card of the year, at least for an ESPN card. Some intrigue in almost every fight, looking forward to it.

Reactions: 16Skippy

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I'm a big believer in Topuria, I wouldn't be surprised if he earns a title shot with a big win here. And the rest of the card on paper could be really good for a Fight Night.

And if my name was Wellington Turman I'd troll everyone and walk out with a monocle and top hat.

Reactions: m9, Taytro and CDJ

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm a big believer in Topuria, I wouldn't be surprised if he earns a title shot with a big win here. And the rest of the card on paper could be really good for a Fight Night.

And if my name was Wellington Turman I'd troll everyone and walk out with a monocle and top hat.
I think Topuria wins here but the odds are giving absolutely no shot to Emmett which is weird considering his only loss in 5 years is Yair for the interim belt. If Topuria wins this then he creeps into the top 5. He has to be next in line since Volk has already beat everyone else in the top 5, unless Arnold Allen can get a quick win to put him back in the conversation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16Skippy and m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Topuria wins here but the odds are giving absolutely no shot to Emmett which is weird considering his only loss in 5 years is Yair for the interim belt. If Topuria wins this then he creeps into the top 5. He has to be next in line since Volk has already beat everyone else in the top 5, unless Arnold Allen can get a quick win to put him back in the conversation.

Emmett did "lose" to Kattar, but agreed he's too big of an underdog here. Emmett has insane power and Topuria puts himself in trouble on the feet and it's likely Emmett cracks him at some point.

I would still pick Topuria to win but there's an obvoius path that leads to Emmett.

Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well that sucks, I was looking forward to that one

PFL main card tonight is pretty solid

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I never know what to make of Emmett's "huge power". In 12 UFC fights, he has only 3 (T)KO wins. He has twice as many decision wins. I know there's some knockdowns in those decision wins, but I think his power gets overrated because of the walk off KO's he has. Credit to him for those, but I don't think his power is some insanely unique thing the division has never seen before.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I never know what to make of Emmett's "huge power". In 12 UFC fights, he has only 3 (T)KO wins. He has twice as many decision wins. I know there's some knockdowns in those decision wins, but I think his power gets overrated because of the walk off KO's he has. Credit to him for those, but I don't think his power is some insanely unique thing the division has never seen before.

He's fought some pretty durable guys though in recent fights. Not many guys are knocking out Kattar or Ige and even Burgos is a tough one.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Normally I'd lean towards the much younger, surging undefeated prospect.

Emmett has been in there with some killers and I think he'll take over if he gets past round 2 without taking serious damage. I'll go with the veteran experience and say a 3rd/4th/5th round finish.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Schulte, Leal, Collard, Umalatov, Magomedkerimov, Burgos, Sy, OAM 8 way parlay hit. And it never was really all that dicey

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
He's fought some pretty durable guys though in recent fights. Not many guys are knocking out Kattar or Ige and even Burgos is a tough one.
Fair point on Kattar and Ige. Burgos is tough, but he's been KO'ed a few times. I don't know. If Emmett had this unique power, then I'd expect him to be putting more guys away with it. I'll stand by my point. His power is overrated because of the walk off KO's.

This fight specifically, Topuria doesn't strike me as a guy that is going to be easy to put away either. He hasn't been tested in that regard so much in the UFC. The only fight he's been in any danger on the feet is Herbert. He did get dropped in that fight, but it was with a head kick on the chin, he also ate some other big punches, and it was up a weight class. Oh, and he got a walk off KO of his own. Herbert is no world beater by any means, but still.

Of course anything can happen in a fight and the odds do seem a little off. But IMO, the odds seem off because Emmett has been tested far more than Topuria.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

3rd rate promotion, idk what Ray Sefo is sniffing

Here’s a novel idea- maybe don’t match them up! It wasn’t like we are in the tournament portion of the season!

In reality this was done to get their big investment Burgos in after a couple performances from him

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Been saying this for awhile but PFL's management is a complete joke and fighters need to start taking notice. Last year they had the tournament semis in places where some of the fighters couldn't even get visas, now this. You're taking potentially life-changing money out of the hands of some of these guys.

And all of this is happening to keep this dumb seasonal format in place.

This whole year for PFL other than Ngannou signing has been completely embarrassing.

Also if PFL buys Bellator they better be grabbing Coker and whoever else has a brain over there to run things and kick their current group to the curb.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I didn't catch that fight but seeing that it got one of their big signings in Burgos into the playoffs it looks a little odd....

I'm seeing a trend amongst people here and Twitter that these odds on Emmett are very tempting. Seems like they're undervaluing him a bit.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad